You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

23-3-2015 13:31:02  #1

necharwerke schriftsatzgerät 3m model 1990

Hello, I have a necharwerke schriftsatzgerät 3m model 1990, which prints tight, but long notes, and I was wondering how much it is worth and what amount of money I can take from it. You can find images here.

24-3-2015 12:20:01  #2

Re: necharwerke schriftsatzgerät 3m model 1990

You have a 3M machine; "Neckarwerke" is just the name of the retailer that originally sold the machine, so it's not a part of the model's name. To be honest I'm not familiar with that unit and have never seen one before. I'm not even sure that it's a typewriter. I believe that 3M once sold rebadged Olivetti electronic typewriters, but I'm not sure this was made by Olivetti. It would be interesting and perhaps helpful to see if there's more information on the machine's ID label. Look underneath or at the back of the machine for a small nameplate that has voltage and other information on it.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

29-4-2015 16:48:47  #3

Re: necharwerke schriftsatzgerät 3m model 1990

"Neckarwerke" was an energy provider in the Stuttgart region of Baden-Wuerttemberg, Germany. "Schriftsatzgerät" is phototypesetting. So I guess that device was most likely intended to make type available to computerized technical drawings before DTP was available.

Board footera