You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15-6-2015 20:56:42  #21

Re: Would anyone like to play a creative writing game?

Hey Brian, sorry. I forgot to post.  I think you can go ahead and post the story you did for the last roll if you want.  I think I said in the first post that anyone could use any of the dice rolls (I'd have to go back and make sure, it's been a while). In theory, everyone's stories should be different, even using the same pictures. And you don't have to go in turn, just post whatever, whenever. To reiterate, you can change the order of the dice and interpret them loosely.

Here's another roll for you if you want to go again:

Last edited by Spazmelda (15-6-2015 20:57:38)

15-6-2015 22:51:47  #22

I started working on mine last night, but by the time I stopped, it didn't make much sense.

Smith Premier typewriters are cool!

16-6-2015 09:46:30  #23

colrehogan wrote:

I started working on mine last night, but by the time I stopped, it didn't make much sense.

Lol.

16-6-2015 13:39:02  #24

You have to realize I'm trying to do it in my usual Hogan's Heroes fan fic universe.

Smith Premier typewriters are cool!

16-6-2015 14:37:23  #25

I figured as much

16-6-2015 19:27:31  #26

Thanks for the dice roll!  Have something in mind but will have to see if  ancient flatbed scanner still works.

Meanwhile, looking forward to Hogan's Heros.  "I know nothing... I see nothing..."  

17-6-2015 22:16:56  #27

OK, dashed it off & scanned complete with typos & 'non-standerd' spelling.  Figured if I put it off, it wouldn't get done, so here is!

Typed using a Royal portable "De Luxe" at the kitchen table.  1 and a quarter pages cropped & resized in PS-10. 

Enjoy... I hope.  : 0 !

Brian

18-6-2015 06:01:33  #28

Nice! Do you write? Because you seem to know what you are doing. I have to say, even using the dice, your plot made more sense than Jurassic World (which I saw last night) I guess he never found the box?

How did you like writing using the dice as a prompt?

I wish I had time to do another one of these at the moment because I'm kind of in the mood to hack out a silly (in my hands) story. We are about to go on vacation though, so frantic day of packing ahead.

18-6-2015 19:27:20  #29

Spazmelda wrote:

Nice! Do you write? Because you seem to know what you are doing. I have to say, even using the dice, your plot made more sense than Jurassic World (which I saw last night) I guess he never found the box?

How did you like writing using the dice as a prompt?

I wish I had time to do another one of these at the moment because I'm kind of in the mood to hack out a silly (in my hands) story. We are about to go on vacation though, so frantic day of packing ahead.

Thanks.  Don't watch much TV, and even movies nowadays don't seem to do much for me. 

Love to write, and in college was taught it's a skill as much as an art form.  Requires dedication and practice.  It's the practice part that I slack off on.  So the dice game is perfect!  Just ordered a set off Amazon. 

The ending is deliberately left "open."  Choose to believe he found it, or no... "Readers Choice."

Open ending also handy if want to add to it later or leave a 'teaser' to hopefully make audience want to read further. "Does he find the box?"   ; )

Looking forward to Kat's turn & Colrehogen's fan-fic or something light hearted after such a depressing 'serious' story like mine.  Enjoy reading as much as writing. 

Brian

PS:  "Colrehogen", think I just got your handle.  Colonel Hogen from the TV show?  I'm slow on the uptake sometimes.  : )

13-12-2015 12:38:42  #30

Spazmelda wrote:

Next roll for anyone who wants to give it a try:

What a great idea. I knew there was a reason I loved this forum. I'd like to resurrect the game, so here's my offering: it's a continuation of Spazmelda's first story on page 1 of the thread.

Typed with loving haste on my Brother Deluxe 700T portable. Please excuse the errors.

Board footera