You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03-6-2013 02:10:27  #21

Re: German WWII machines

I have been a WWII collector for 12 years and everything that can be faked will be faked. There are so many SS items for sale and not even 10% is original. In fact I actually gave up WWII collecting due to the huge amount of fake items where many were faked so well even collectors with 50+ years experience had to have it in hand to tell if the item was real.

23-11-2013 18:05:09  #22

The historical setting for a typewriter reveals something about a typewriter, and the cultural state of an erra  says something about why men built them the way they did.   For instance,  the pre-1950`s portables were more boxy in outward form, the 1950`s were more streamlined and rounded--obviously the companies were copying each other.   What did the designers and engeneers think of their machnes in different erras?  
     I like the earlier typewriters because the designers seemed to be concderned with quality.   Hope I am sticking with the theme of Typewriter Talk, if not please correct me, I`ll not be offended.

30-11-2013 16:44:03  #23

I noticed that all the Olympia`s for sale in that site are from Australia; what are the chances that any one could be sent to the United States without damage?   Responding to beak.

23-4-2016 20:07:35  #24

Notquite_there wrote:

I noticed that all the Olympia`s for sale in that site are from Australia; what are the chances that any one could be sent to the United States without damage?   Responding to beak.

Sorry - only just saw your question when reading some old threads.  The chances are good, but only under the condition that you can make your seller understand the dangers, make the seller learn how to pack the machine properly, and be prepared to pay for proper packing.
The thread 'Another machine destroyed in the post' will give many insights.

Sincerely,
beak.

23-4-2016 20:24:22  #25

Notquite_there hasn't been online since Dec. 2013, so hopefully he's subscribing to this thread, because there's only a slim chance that he'll read your reply otherwise.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

24-4-2016 14:25:39  #26

Well it was nice of him to leave a reply  just in case!

24-4-2016 17:37:57  #27

I agree...

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

24-4-2016 17:39:00  #28

Board footera