You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

13-4-2013 11:01:17  #11

Re: Finding a Princess

Thar she blows!

The Scheidegger I was talking about.

It actually looks not half bad in this photo.

If you look at the second photo down, you'll see a close-up of the 'Scheidegger' label. I think this is from somewhere else. The typer comes in a black plastic case and there's a space for a label that's exactly the same size as the Scheidegger name-plate. I'm guessing that the original name on the typer was peeled off at some point and someone took the Scheidegger name-plate from the case and stuck it on the machine (if you look around the label you can see what look like traces of glue on the machine).

The last picture is a crown logo, which I'm assuming signifies this is a Princess...

What do you think? A Princess or commoner?

13-4-2013 11:48:41  #12

Incredible.

Twenty minutes after I post this, I see that exactly the same model has just been listed on eBay UK.

It seems that the Scheidegger name-plate is original after all (though I suspect it's been peeled off and stuck back on again by some bored typist).

31-5-2013 15:44:21  #13

Sounds like a re-branded Adler Gabrielle to me.........but I'd like to see a picture to be sure !  If so, it's a perfectly nice machine !

31-5-2013 15:49:41  #14

Ignore my last post - I'm new to this forum and didn't see the pictures until I had rashly posted !  Yes, it definitely IS a late Adler Gabrielle.  Lovely machine, but not a Princess.  The Princess Schiedegger would be early 1960's, this one is probably late 1970's.  Hope this helps !

05-6-2013 13:46:37  #15

thetypewriterman wrote:

Yes, it definitely IS a late Adler Gabrielle.  Lovely machine, but not a Princess.  The Princess Schiedegger would be early 1960's, this one is probably late 1970's.  Hope this helps !

Thanks for the input. When did Adler stop putting their eagle logo on typers?

06-6-2013 16:15:53  #16

That's a very good question !  I don't have the definitive answer, but maybe late 1970's/early 1980's.  I'm pretty sure that the late electrics (Adler 131d) had it, but I don't remember the SE1000 golfball having it or the SE 1010 electronic machines having it either.  My memory might be playing tricks since it is a while since I have had regular contact with these, so you could research images of these machines to see if I'm right.

Board footera