You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16-2-2015 03:11:47  #11

Re: What Are You Listening To?

This Music Is Probably Too Geeky For You- The Efts
*ALL albums by The Efts are FREE via Google Play Music.

My blog: http://papelymaquina.blogspot.com/  
            Photo gallery: http://papelymaquina.imgur.com/

16-2-2015 19:01:19  #12

Really? Lately, tons of Dean Martin. This week I've been breaking the dynamic with the 'Love This Giant' by David Byrne & St Vincent. Also Bhi Bhiman, 'The Cookbook'. All really different. Also BBC Radio 3, which is classical. Just now it was Love This Giant.

I love how different everyone's music is.

19-2-2015 11:15:24  #13

Depends on my mood, sometimes classical but mainly music from the sixties and seventies. The Rolling Stones features a lot in the playlists my wife made for me to listen to while on the laptop or typewriter. Some are from my collection of records like the Stones LP they gave me after a free concert in Hyde Park (1968?) for helping to clear up the next morning. Sadly I am old enough to remember helping them load the van for their first tour to Germany when nobody had heard of them. A few odd ones like the Beatles first recording, Tony Sheridan and the Beatles. Really quite a mixture, Moody Blues, The Who, Credence Clearwater and a lot of groups that came and went in the sixties. I don't collect vinyl as they call records now, I just never threw them away. I always had records playing when I did my school homework, didn't we all? I am not completely beyond all hope though, I am listening to up and away by Banned of St. Trinian's on Youtube while I type this. I should really be looking at what I am typing rather than looking at youtube but then touch typing does have some advantages.

21-2-2015 03:29:20  #14

My blog: http://papelymaquina.blogspot.com/  
            Photo gallery: http://papelymaquina.imgur.com/

08-3-2015 10:14:36  #15

Wow! I am so glad to see that there are other people here listening to great music! For people using typewriters, I had assumed all of these flavors would be respresented, but this is great! I enjoy everything from Frank Sinatra to Chet Baker, to broadway music, and orchestral music. At the moment, I am currently listening to Sibelius' 5th symphony. 

10-6-2015 21:09:22  #16

Wow, my music taste really doesn't fit in here! Right now I'm listening to Megadeth's Rust in Peace, possibly the best thrash metal album of all time. The solos on this album are just incredible...

10-6-2015 22:52:43  #17

Right now, listening to some Mountain.

But man, I listen to all kinds of stuff. I really have a thing for dramatic movie soundtracks (Battle Los Angeles and Oblivion have good ones), and 60s/70s music (whether it's Simon & Garfunkel hits, or something from an early heavy rock/metal band like Blue Cheer or Mountain). In 2013, I lucked into an enormous (to me) collection of 1950s/60s big band, jazz, and easy-listening LPs that were all in gorgeous condition. Probably 2,000-3,000 records in total. I discovered a ton of cool stuff I never even thought of looking into, such as Ted Heath, and a new favorite of mine, Earl Grant. Another good one was Manhattan Spiritual by Reg Owen and his orchestra. After picking out the 300-400 that I liked, I've been selling and giving away the rest. Still have about 1,000 or so. LOL. Some of the best $30 I ever spent.

When you aren't looking for it... you ALWAYS find it!!!

30-7-2015 13:50:17  #18

At this very moment my ears are being graced by the talented Beyonce Knowles.

17-10-2015 09:08:58  #19

Retro-Z wrote:

Right now, listening to some Mountain.

In 2013, I lucked into an enormous (to me) collection of 1950s/60s big band, jazz, and easy-listening LPs that were all in gorgeous condition. Probably 2,000-3,000 records in total. I discovered a ton of cool stuff I never even thought of looking into, such as Ted Heath, and a new favorite of mine, Earl Grant. Another good one was Manhattan Spiritual by Reg Owen and his orchestra. After picking out the 300-400 that I liked, I've been selling and giving away the rest. Still have about 1,000 or so. LOL. Some of the best $30 I ever spent.

Holy cow! A penny/album? That is the find of all finds.

A friend of mine is negotiating with a dealer to dispose of his similiarly sized rock and jazz LP collection, and the current offer is something like at $1/album, with half book value for the rarer ones.

"Damn the torpedoes! Four bells, Captain Drayton".

17-10-2015 09:21:33  #20

An acquaintance once remarked to me, seeing me obliterate insubstantial parts of a textbook with black marker rather than marking the substantial with highlighter, that this said something about my personality. So, getting out the black marker, I will not listen to...Screaming raspy vocals, elevator music, classical elevator music equivalent, relaxing listening music, country, authentic period instrument historical recreations, opera, and wandering pointless jazz indulgences that I am just not cool enough to grok.Other than that, almost anything else that is well done will interest me, from Liszt to Industrial Rock.

"Damn the torpedoes! Four bells, Captain Drayton".

Board footera