You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

23-12-2015 02:33:32  #31

Re: What Are You Listening To?

ztyper wrote:

And some Glenn Miller in there too.

I do love my Glen Miller. Benny Goodman's a treat too...

24-12-2015 20:45:58  #32

BangoDeschain wrote:

Ritual by Meshuggah

I've been looking to check out these guys for a while. Any album I should start on?

26-12-2015 12:18:13  #33

JustAnotherGuy wrote:

I've been looking to check out these guys for a while. Any album I should start on?

I would recommend their Best Of album. The albums have some pretty stark difference in sounds over the years and everybody I've talked to has had different opinions on the different sounds. I will say their really early stuff is hard to listen to but the later albums get a lot better. Meshuggah's theme tends to be inducing a trance-like state through repetitive rhythms and polyrhythms which can get a little boring if you listen it for too long but can be really intriguing in short doses!

Listening to:
Always On My Mind by Willie Nelson

26-12-2015 12:23:20  #34

Sounds good. I'll go ahead and check it out right now, I believe most of their albums are free on Amazon Prime.

26-12-2015 12:31:14  #35

Ha, thanks amazon!

Listening to:
El Paso by Marty Robbins

26-12-2015 12:34:23  #36

Go figure, they have every album except their greatest hits! After some quick research I decided to start with 'Destroy Erase Improve', and so far I'm really impressed!

27-12-2015 09:51:11  #37

Nice, glad you dig it!

Listening to:
Sleeping Lessons by The Shins

27-1-2016 17:38:36  #38

Hope I'm not too late into the discussion... Recently, I've gotten into film soundtracks. In fact, it's kind of an obsession at this point. Some films though contain dreary copy cat music numbers, the types that certainly give you a headache. Like "Secret Window," based on Stephen King's novel, "Secret Window, Secret Garden"--I think that was the name. Anyway, Secret Window has a particular soundtrack that I'm stuck in a half-nodding off, half-eye widening mood. But still nothing award winning.
Now, the film "Donnie Darko"... that's a soundtrack that deserves recognition. Man. Also, "The Tree of Life." Absolutely perfect. These are the tunes I've been stuck with for months.

27-1-2016 17:46:48  #39

Oh, but to edit, if you were asking about what I'm listening to at the current moment: Frankie Carle - One More Tomorrow

27-1-2016 20:25:33  #40

Lots of David Bowie for me right now... and have been surprised and impressed with Blackstar.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

Board footera