You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27-1-2016 20:38:29  #41

Re: What Are You Listening To?

Gotta love ole Bowie! (goodnight sweet prince...)

Listening to:
The Path of Apotheosis by Infri

02-2-2016 18:53:47  #42

Blackstar, as well as lots of older Bowie. The new album is amazing. It gets into your head. And the videos are so hard to watch, especially 'Lazarus'. 

Aside from that, I've been listening a bit to Patti Smith's recentish album, Banga.

02-2-2016 19:27:53  #43

Although not actually Bowie music (Ryuichi Sakamoto was the genius composer), I'm currently stuck on an endless listening loop of Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence. The film did star Bowie (and Sakamoto too). I first saw the film at the Toronto Film Festival when it was first released, and it's been stuck in my head ever since then, which is going on 33 years now.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

03-2-2016 06:11:19  #44

Yes well everything seems to be decades ago now - scary!  I remember that film, too - it traumatised me a bit. I'll have a listen.

05-2-2016 14:00:20  #45

Not music, but I am listening to the Goulet Q&A blog #111.

Smith Premier typewriters are cool!

26-2-2016 11:38:13  #46

29-2-2016 13:38:46  #47

Gabby Johnson wrote:

How about this?

From a music standpoint it's simply horrible, nevermind that it's a terrible waste of machinery. Glad they're having fun, but I couldn't listen to that more than once.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

29-2-2016 21:46:36  #48

Just listening to La Bala de Jorge González, a chilean tune, by Pedro Piedra.

Also, Recuerdos de la Alhambra by Narciso Yepes won't leave my head anytime soon.

09-3-2016 05:41:11  #49

Can't stop listening to this - and watching it too. The magical marvellous musical marble machine by Martin Molin of Wintergatan:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvUU8joBb1Q

09-3-2016 11:58:51  #50

malole wrote:

The magical marvellous musical marble machine by Martin Molin of Wintergatan

I was going to say that he's lost his marbles, but I didn't see any of them hit the ground. Pretty impressive stuff, mostly with respect to the hours of work that must have been required to design and set up the 'machine' up to play that one tune. Watching some of its components, it looks like it can be reconfigured to play other things as well; an intriguing and twisted take on the player piano...

Board footera