You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10-5-2015 20:10:03  #1

Interesting Corona

Not quite a Animal keyboard but still interesting.
wonder if is is factory or added later.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351396237392

My blog - Just Typewriters

10-5-2015 20:41:51  #2

Re: Interesting Corona

Neat!  Looks like a teaching keyboard.  My mom has told me that she learned to type on a typewriter that had blank keys. That's old school touch typing.

11-5-2015 12:29:36  #3

I like the looks of this typewriter.  Hope I'm not bidding against anyone here.

Smith Premier typewriters are cool!

11-5-2015 13:07:53  #4

I am not bidding for it. Good luck!

11-5-2015 15:12:52  #5

Spazmelda is correct, it's just the colour-coded keys that were used for teaching touch typing, and I would assume that it left the factory that way. Given its condition I hope the bidding doesn't go much higher for colrehogan's sake...

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

11-5-2015 15:31:23  #6

That's a pretty neat keyboard.

Good luck Colrehogan. I hope you don't get soaked for too much on it though. 

"[...] modern writing does not consist in picking out words for the sake of their meaning and inventing images to make the meaning clearer. It consists in gumming together long strips of words that have already been set in order by someone else, and making the results presentable by sheer humbug." - George Orwell

11-5-2015 16:36:32  #7

Sounds like it's in worse shape than I thought.

Smith Premier typewriters are cool!

11-5-2015 16:48:34  #8

Am I the only one who finds it interesting that there are three photos of the travel case and only one of the actual machine? 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

11-5-2015 17:23:33  #9

Hahaha, Uwe! 

It is a VERY sweet little thing, though - I'd LOVE to get my hands on one with a teaching keyboard. You used to be able to get coloured key caps, I think. In the briliant French romantic typing comedy, 'Populaire', they do it with nail polish - but that idea's a bit fanciful I think.

I hope you get this Colrehegan, and clean it up and show us the machine properly!

11-5-2015 17:50:17  #10

I think it has the potential to be gorgeous if cleaned up.  I probably wouldn't bid on it at this point in my collecting, but I think it's very sweet, as Kat said. The keys make me think of a sherbet rainbow. I'd be very interested to see if they could be brightened up.

Board footera