You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03-6-2015 10:53:41  #41

Re: Large type smith-corona?

There is a method to it, which I think is to leave the ribbon on the spool and apply four or five drops of glycerin around it, then wrap it in tin foil and leave it for a few days to give the glycerin a chance to fully permeate the ribbon. However, I'd do a quick search on the technique as I never revive ribbons and my memory is dodgy at best.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

06-3-2016 18:45:42  #42

Wow!!  Looks like one I've got.  Mine once belonged to a grade school teacher.  She bought it February 14, 1967.  My guess is she bought it brand new.  This is strictly logical deduction:  The tab stop rack is just like one you'd find on an elite typewriter (which is 12 pitch), but the print is a lot bigger than that.  In fact, my guess is that when the tabs were used, only every other one was used.  That would make it a 6 pitch machine--only six letters to the inch.  Now that's pretty big.  It looks like your machine is about a 6 pitch also.

Underwood--Speeds the World's Bidness

15-6-2016 10:49:18  #43

There is currently a SCM Smith-Corona Electra 120 that is 6 cpi, 3 lpi (Ebay #381500910929). It has some issues with clean type on the page. I had made offers on it but we didn't agree on a price we are both happy with.

Board footera