You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11-5-2015 13:40:38  #1

Typing on both sides of page?

I was just wondering if you type on both sides of the page, front and back?

Do you type on both sides of the page?

Smith Premier typewriters are cool!

11-5-2015 14:01:01  #2

Re: Typing on both sides of page?

I usually only use one side.  I don't really have a reason.

11-5-2015 14:53:54  #3

Obvs, depends on what I'm typing! But if it's just stuff for me, I usually do. A, because I can't be bothered to get up and get more paper; and B, because it saves on both paper and the number of pages lying around the place. If you double-space the rows, you can make it so you alternate the rows on the opposite sides of the paper.

11-5-2015 14:54:57  #4

I should add that for the most part I'm talking about elite machines, and in the case of a couple they are 13cpi. I don't want to single-space that!

11-5-2015 15:55:38  #5

Most of the time I'll use both sides; paper doesn't grow on trees, it's made from them!

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

11-5-2015 16:28:01  #6

For writing, I do, but not drawing.

11-5-2015 20:46:50  #7

I don't usually type on both sides. I used to for notes, but it would always come out sloppy because the periods and some letters (depending on the machine) will poke through.

A high schooler with a lot of typewriters. That's pretty much about it.

13-5-2015 19:18:41  #8

If I do it, it's usually in a long letter going abroad, just so that I can get more into the envelope!  Would not do it for 'business' or for manuscripts and essays.
BTW, old typers have told me that it was commonly taught that punctuation keys should be hit 'lighter' than letter characters, to avoid holes in the paper.

PS
Moderator:
Do you think a forum for typing tips such as that would be useful?

Last edited by beak (13-5-2015 19:22:09)

Sincerely,
beak.

13-5-2015 21:00:16  #9

beak wrote:

A dedicated forum? No. But a thread for such a subject, if it turned out to be popular, could be pinned to the top of this forum.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

14-5-2015 16:06:35  #10

Uwe wrote:

beak wrote:

A dedicated forum? No. But a thread for such a subject, if it turned out to be popular, could be pinned to the top of this forum.

Sounds like a good idea to me. I always use both sides of the page and always a backing sheet. Everybody uses a backing sheet don't they? Maybe it's just the way I was brought up but not using a backing sheet was considered unforgivable and of course, you never wasted paper.

Board footera