You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

24-7-2015 14:16:09  #81

Re: Typeface database

I've run across that typeface before (online, not in person) and I'd love to get one eventually.

22-8-2015 14:08:24  #82

Here's my new Olympia SF De Luxe, 1964

07-9-2015 07:59:49  #83

1928 Underwood Portable, 3 bank

09-12-2015 02:31:54  #84

Brother 650TR with Russian characters.  A surprisingly good machine; well featured and easy to use.  Sorry about the colour!

Sincerely,
beak.

09-12-2015 08:50:48  #85

Lovely typeface, so nice and clear. I'm not sure how I would cope with an orange typewriter though!

09-12-2015 09:34:46  #86

It's the only one I have ever owned that makes me want to reach for a spray can.

Sincerely,
beak.

09-12-2015 13:38:28  #87

I like the colour! :-)
I've seen it before on a Sears machine, I believe it was a Chevron. It's a kind of 70's aesthetic.

"Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of the typewriter."

09-12-2015 15:24:56  #88

Kovac M-103

​A rebranded Nakajima, I believe this model has an Arabic keyboard, which means that the carriage travels from right to left, and the line space lever has to be pushed to the left to return it and start a new line. The machine was originally owned by Valiant, who came to his senses and sold it to me. It took less than 30 minutes of playing with the Kovac for me to come to my senses too, but for now I'm the guy left standing after the music stopped playing. 

Don't let the type sample mislead you: The preface was typed using an Olympia because I wanted to identify the type sample with something that I could actually read... 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

09-12-2015 15:53:01  #89

Wow Uwe, and Valiant, that thing is COOL!

Anyone else notice how one of the type slugs looks to have a smiley face on it?
Im not pointing it out...

Back from a long break.

Starting fresh with my favorite typer. A Royal Futura!

09-12-2015 17:40:02  #90

Valiant wrote:

I like the colour! :-)
I've seen it before on a Sears machine, I believe it was a Chevron. It's a kind of 70's aesthetic.

Orange is an under-appreciated color.

I had in the not too distant past (modifications of typewriters for me are all in the not too distant past) a machine in gray-green office crinkle, a spray can of "OSHA safety orange" and an iconoclastic disposition. What stopped me before things had gone too far was a test in an inconspicuous place, for once. Coverage was poor and the color disappointing: I was hoping for WHAM in your face orange, but it came out looking more like subdued burnt sienna. I dropped the project. 

"Damn the torpedoes! Four bells, Captain Drayton".

Board footera