You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

25-5-2015 10:55:13  #1

Olivetti Linea 88

This monster was my mother's first typewriter, she was doing a typing course and needed one to practice at home. I mentioned in my introduction that this typewriter used to type very spaced, I actually just noticed it has a lever for it... it must have been maxed when I used it. It has lots of keys I don't really understand.
She's attached to it and doesn't want to sell it but doesn't care to keep it in the house.

It isn't a very fluid typer, every couple letters it gets stuck, maybe it needs some oil.

I tried to find its serial number but I couldn't see it, can you tell me where it might be?

Last edited by ninive (25-5-2015 10:57:19)

25-5-2015 12:09:45  #2

Re: Olivetti Linea 88

I'm trying to remember off-hand where the number is. I think it's either under the carriage on the right side (slide the carriage to the left to see it), OR, on the frame to the right of the right ribbon spool.

I like the Linea 88, but it's not a machine that I've had any luck in finding. I recently drove to one seller's house only to find out that the machine was missing a key and had numerous mechanical issues. And a few months ago there was another one available, it looked to be in pristine condition based on the photos I saw, but it was also missing a key AND the seller was asking far too much money for it.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

Board footera