You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

21-12-2015 02:31:27  #371

Re: New Member Thread

Hi, everyone:
Occasional visitor and curious snooper here, who finally decided to register and engage the conversations. Iowa native, now a political science professor at Villanova University outside of Philadelphia. I write books with a historical bent, and I like to surround myself with the tools of the era. If you come to my office you'll see something out of the 1920s, with lots of quarter-sawn oak furniture I've refurbished myself, as well as antique office equipment, which has now gotten me into the typewriter realm. I've quickly accumulated six typewriters from the pre-WWII era: three Royal 10s (one that I use for work, two I'm working on); a Remington noiseless portable model 1 that I rebuilt for my wife; a Remington 5 streamliner which I salvaged and and converted to a USB typewriter, fully tricked-out with internal LEDs (which I assume is all sorts of blasphemy to purists); and a curious Remington Rand Model 17 with a carriage that is around four feet wide (no joke). I'll provide pictures once I find a good place to host them.

Anyway, I wanted to get to know folks here, snoop around for suggestions when it comes to repair issues, and perhaps even draw on your expertise to track down some more specific models. 

21-12-2015 02:43:15  #372

Welcome Markmotown!

Smith Premier typewriters are cool!

21-12-2015 17:32:59  #373

=Markmotown a Remington 5 streamliner which I salvaged and and converted to a USB typewriter, fully tricked-out with internal LEDs 

I would actually love to see that! And welcome!

A high schooler with a lot of typewriters. That's pretty much about it.

21-12-2015 17:59:20  #374

Welcome Mark! Good to see another son of Iowa

21-12-2015 18:34:09  #375

Id love to see the hue monster carriage remington... The biggest Ive seen (and have) is about 2 1/2 feet, but Im going to have to measure it.

Back from a long break.

Starting fresh with my favorite typer. A Royal Futura!

22-12-2015 09:59:13  #376

I'll have to get some pictures up now that grading's over. And find an appropriate forum thread in which to post them!

22-12-2015 15:19:22  #377

hi all
I'm new on typewriters and I just received as legacy a Remington standard 10 with its metal cover
this belong to my grandfather along the 20' and I'm wondering to restore or just cleaning it
best regards

22-12-2015 15:45:21  #378

Really? A metal cover for Remington 10? Id love to see that! 

Back from a long break.

Starting fresh with my favorite typer. A Royal Futura!

22-12-2015 19:38:26  #379

ok this is the Remington  standard 10 metal cover  https://es.pinterest.com/pin/402861129148194886/

02-1-2016 00:07:17  #380

Am getting to know my 1909 Underwood 12" Standard No.3 and happened across your forums page. Looking forward to learning more and getting to know some of you in the upcoming year. I'd like to post and avatar photo, but lack the skills to get the whole http/:xxxxxxxxx.jpg thin I have a nice graphic, but don't want to go through the bother of joining a photo site where it can be converted. I anyone can have me email them the photo and return it to me in the correct format so I can post it, that would be very helpful. Most forums I've belonged to let you simply download a photo from your own computer...  

Board footera