You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02-1-2016 00:09:21  #381

Re: New Member Thread

And let you edit your posting when you discover a typo after the fact.... Lol

02-1-2016 18:04:23  #382

09Underwood wrote:

Most forums I've belonged to let you simply download a photo from your own computer... And let you edit your posting when you discover a typo after the fact. 

Most forums have advertising or some other type of revenue stream to support the servers that would be required to upload your photos to. And most offer only a limited rather than indefinite amount of time for editing a post (there are very good reasons for this). I would love to add these features, and many others too, but it would require that Typewriter Talk members be willing to pay to use the forum - and we all know that isn't going to happen. I've read a lot of complaints about the missing editing function, and it's beginning to wear on me. I'm going to try and make some changes this year to improve the forum, but in the meantime would it be too much to ask that everyone keep in mind that this is a free platform, and that we should all be happy that it offers as much as it does for that cost?

Last edited by Uwe (02-1-2016 18:05:11)

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

02-1-2016 18:10:38  #383

Uwe wrote:

...keep in mind that this is a free platform, and that we should all be happy that it offers as much as it does for that cost?

Word.

04-1-2016 11:08:17  #384

You would think people who use typewriters would be pretty relaxed about typos and not being able to fix mistakes . . . .

20-1-2016 04:23:07  #385

JanetLand, my thought exactly. No typos- what could be more fitting?!

I'm from Austin, Texas and seriously exploring typewriters for the first time. I've had good luck collecting since the beginning of the year- not very long, but I've managed to acquire a grey and burgundy SM3, a late grey SM2, a Robin's Egg blue Royal Quiet De Luxe from 1957, and an early SG1 with a 15" carriage, all since the first of the month! I've torn down the SG1 and am cleaning and overhauling it now, replacing corroded hardware and dry rubber as I go. I've gotten into these machines with the intention of writing with them, but also to learn about repair. The SM3 is the only clean performer in the mob, but I'll get to work on the others once I have the SG1 happily functioning.

Good to virtually meet you all!

20-1-2016 07:00:56  #386

Captain Spencer wrote:

Hello and welcome!

I like the emphasis on Olympias!

I have always promised myself that if I ever get to the States again, Austin has to one place I stay for a while. 

Sincerely,
beak.

21-1-2016 00:59:41  #387

So far, I've really enjoyed the duotone SM3. I tend to settle down with German machines. From my old bmw bikes to my Pelikan fountain pens, to my wife's sweet Mercedes, they all just feel right. Makes sense I would fall for a German typewriter!

21-1-2016 08:09:07  #388

JanetLand wrote:

You would think people who use typewriters would be pretty relaxed about typos and not being able to fix mistakes . . . .

Some of us are also editors for a living!

21-1-2016 08:36:46  #389

Woops
Beginning to wish I hadn't taken that swipe at editors a few months back. 

Sincerely,
beak.

29-1-2016 00:45:26  #390

Hey all, not sure how often this thread is read, but wanted to introduce myself. I'm JP, I've been collecting for a few years and am the administrator of the Facebook Antique Typewriter Collectors group. I like all kinds of machines, but tend to show brand preference towards Smith Corona  

JP Huard

Board footera