You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

06-9-2016 21:06:50  #521

Re: New Member Thread

Welcome to the forum, and great user name by the way! 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

06-9-2016 21:19:10  #522

Hello and welcome!

Sincerely,
beak.

16-9-2016 17:21:55  #523

Greetings 

my name is T. Ray.  I am a twice-divorced OIF/OEF Veteran(US Army Infantry baby woo!) and the father of two little girls. I came to this forum via a google search (literally using the words "typewriter forum") ...in an attempt to educate myself for my impending typewriter purchase.. I want to go back to the "old way" of writing/composing...because the infinite editing potential/instant gratification and the ease......of the digital domain(I use scrivener) has become the proverbial "albatross around my neck".  .  (typewriters were before my time kinda... so i never got to use them much.. BUT during a deployment to somewhere very remote...a local loaned me a typewriter (IBM Selectric) after he heard one of my army brethren making fun of me for being an "artfag" writer .  I absolutely loved everything about working that way.  I couldn't get the instant gratification, I couldnt edit ceaselessly. I had to commit. I had to write things that were WORTHY.  I am hoping that I get advice ...because I will have a typewriter in the next two weeks, no matter what. (I have a deadline to meet and ive structured my purchase around that timeline).  thank you for watching.   tip your waitress, enjoy the nachos, etc blah blah

19-9-2016 12:42:14  #524

Hi there!  I have been in love with typewriters ever since I was little -- resurrecting two electronics in my teens.  I've just acquired my first manual and am completely enamored but a little lost in how to bring her back to life!  Excited to learn from everyone here.

19-9-2016 15:48:54  #525

Welcome to our merry band of typists, seejor and T. Ray

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

22-9-2016 17:05:09  #526

Hello,

I just joined hoping to get advice on how to wix one of my typewriters. I was passionate about them since I was a small kid. As time passed a few got through my hands and presently I have three, an olympia sm3 de luxe which I absolutely love, a daisywheel olympia comfort display, and the sm9.
The sm3 gets almost daily use writing letters or new chapters on the stories I am working. I find it relaxing to just sit at the table and type away row after row of neat characters

23-9-2016 08:29:58  #527

Welcome -- but I have no idea what you mean by "wix." Maybe someone else does? Anyway, I see you are an Olympia aficionado -- you need to get yourself an SG1 or SG3!

23-9-2016 10:51:17  #528

Fleetwing wrote:

Welcome -- but I have no idea what you mean by "wix."

Pretty sure it's just a typo and should have been "fix".

23-9-2016 11:31:43  #529

Ah, got it. I couldn't for the life of me figure it out -- figured it was a slang term I didn't know.

24-9-2016 08:49:20  #530

It is "fix",  as @Uwe saind,but there was no way to edit the post. Lol maybe someone thought the word was supposed to be "wax".

Board footera