You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09-6-2015 05:10:14  #1

How To Remove Water Spots Off A Typewriters Paint

We have a few leaks in our house, and my typewriter was covered, and somehow some water manage to seep underneath. Only a fewdrips. I had no idea it was getting leaked on. But now, its covered in white water drips. ANyone know how I can remove them? Id hate to see my typewriter ruined.

Last edited by TypewriterGuy (09-6-2015 05:10:39)

Back from a long break.

Starting fresh with my favorite typer. A Royal Futura!

09-6-2015 06:09:13  #2

Re: How To Remove Water Spots Off A Typewriters Paint

Not to sound like a smart-butt here, but have you just tried a damp paper towel?  I'd think anything that is normally used to clean the outside of typewriters would be okay. Plain water, mild soapy water, scrubbing bubbles.  Is this the typewriter in the picture?  If so, the paint should be very durable.  If none of the above work to remove the water spots, car polishing compound would probably do the trick.  I'd think that just wiping with a damp cloth will probably do though.

Last edited by Spazmelda (09-6-2015 06:36:47)

09-6-2015 14:48:32  #3

Re: How To Remove Water Spots Off A Typewriters Paint

Yes, I did. I found out what to do. I had hard water spots, and HEAVY mineral buildup.

For anyone that needs a deep cleaning on a SMOOTHPAINT TYPEWRITER ONLY, use a product called Spray Nine. It got rid of the hard water spots with a few little scrubs. 

Back from a long break.

Starting fresh with my favorite typer. A Royal Futura!

Board footera