You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

26-6-2016 11:14:49  #1

WTB: Smith-Corona Coronet Super 12 switchable type slugs

Looking to buy a set of Smith-Corona Coronet 12 switchable type slugs.

Smith Premier typewriters are cool!

26-6-2016 14:20:41  #2

Re: WTB: Smith-Corona Coronet Super 12 switchable type slugs

I have a brand-new Smith-Corona 3-Series changeable type, still in its box.  This is [] (square brackets) and includes the keytop in white.  Is this what you are looking for ?  I'm in England, but postage wouldn't be a problem on a small item like this.

26-6-2016 23:11:40  #3

I have a series 6 machine.  I think.   the serial number starts with a 6.  I don't know if the series 3 would fit on the series 6.

27-6-2016 16:12:12  #4

To be honest, I don't know if the 'series three' mentioned on the box refers to the serial number of the machine or not.  Possibly it doesn't.  I have had this item for 40 years and it probably dates from the late 1960's/early 1970's.

27-6-2016 16:45:19  #5

Which characters are you after? I have seen complete sets of "Changeable Type" (that's the official name) available from time to time on eBay, but never had the urge to buy any of them. There were many types available, from math characters to 'popular' Greek, so I don't know if you have something specific in mind or if you just want to try changing the type on your machine. 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

27-6-2016 20:31:26  #6

I'm not really after any specific characters.  The notion that they are changeable is interesting and I thought it would be interesting to see how it was done.

Board footera