You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15-7-2016 00:04:01  #1

Olympia Traveller de Luxe

I bought this one on a hunch that Olympias have never disappointed. Though I'm not a fan of plastic bodies, this one felt great. It"s going on midnight and I'm still typing with it. A wonderful machine, and not one to be passed up.

Visit my website, eafeliupoetry.com, for posts on typewriters and literature.

15-7-2016 06:57:01  #2

Re: Olympia Traveller de Luxe

I have two of these, and they´re like night and day: one is wonderful and the other one looks like it´s been run over by a truck and performs accordingly... but it´s an Olympia. Even in that sorry condition it shows great qualities.

The Traveler Deluxe is a great affordable portable, take it wherever you want, use and abuse it, enjoy!

TaktaktataktaktakcluccluctaktaktaktaktakDINGtaktaktaktakCREEEEEEEEECtaktaktak...

(Olivetti Linea 98)

15-7-2016 11:34:53  #3

It's a wonderful machine. It performs like a bigger typewriter. I especially like the typeface and, above all, the feel and sound of the keys. I like it better than (gasp!) my SM9.

15-7-2016 11:49:29  #4

typeset wrote:

... I'm not a fan of plastic bodies,...

Its case is mostly made of metal, not plastic. Just the grey trim pieces and the travel case lid are plastic.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

15-7-2016 12:08:46  #5

I won an auction for one of these, except in blue, just earlier this week.  The seller just shipped it out today, so maybe in a few days I will be able to see for myself.  I have an Olympia SF that is NOT all that fun to type on, so I hope this one is better.

15-7-2016 12:13:38  #6

Uwe, you are correct: I misspoke. I wasn't thrilled by it at first, but the more I used it, the more it won me over. I'm not a fan of plastic keys, but this machine changed my attitude. And the sound....man, it's riveting.

15-7-2016 13:07:03  #7

That is a very nice typeface indeed. OK, so this one goes on the watch list too....

31-12-2016 13:05:58  #8

I love it.

Here's my blog on why I love the Traveller

http://brother660trcorrection.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/blog-post.html

Board footera