You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

07-2-2017 16:09:51  #11

Re: Typewriter Armorers

Uwe wrote:

Are you a camera collector? I like cameras, using them even more, but know nothing about their history. I spent some time surfing the web and reading up on the Exa and those manufactured by Rheinmetall - interesting stuff!

Yes, very much so. The Exaktas and Exas were very cutting edge back in the '50s, since they were basically the first on the market with a true single lens reflex camera system. Then Nikon, Canon, Minolta, Pentax and the rest came into the market beginning at the end of that decade and left the Exaktas/Exas in the dust. (Being made in East Germany didn't help in terms of developing innovative products and quality control, either.) But they are fascinating cameras, wonderful all-mechanical designs.

08-2-2017 01:07:11  #12

Uwe wrote:

I promise you that the Consul won't hurt your shoulder at all... and the ammo for it, which comes in reams, is a fraction of the cost. 

Hmmm, how about a picture of said machine and a type specimen in trade for a picture of said rifle and an empty cartridge case (I may even have a WW2 steel case lying around...) ?

22-2-2017 20:18:09  #13

It just occurred to me today while talking guns with a co-worker, I also have a pair of Md. 1911 .45 cal . handguns.
One is a military issue 1911 Colt from the WW1 era and the other is a parts gun made up of surplus military components from the WW2 and Korea era with a lower/frame portion was made by Essex Arms and, an upper slide, barrel and barrel bushing made by the Remington Rand typewriter company.
It's a very  good shooting gun and the fact that it is not a full RR gun probably saved me $300. back in the 80's when I bought it.

Board footera