You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

17-7-2017 13:27:43  #1

Princess 300 - Carraige return spool

Hello there, 
Just recently purchased a mint Princess 300 and right out of the shipping box, I noticed a few problems:
- The letters aren't hitting the platen all the way. They sort of stop short half way through the stroke. I've checked the margins and they are not set in the middle. I've also fiddled with the margin release button but this doesn't seem to help either; In other words they are not the problem.

- The carriage return spool is rubbing up on the carriage and thus not moving smoothly back and forth. Is it possible that these two issues are part of the same problem? 

Any advice is much appreciated  =)

Regards, 

Alberto

01-8-2017 14:47:35  #2

Re: Princess 300 - Carraige return spool

I assume the "carriage return spool" is the drum the drawband winds onto.

I don't think they would be part of the same problem.

My guess for the typebars not swinging all the way is either too much friction on a pivot, or a missing spring in the line lock mechanism. It's triggered by a lever that's on the same part against which the margin stops hit, so you may be able to follow the levers and linkages to find the problem.

The mainspring drum hitting the carriage is somewhat odd. I'd have to guess that at some point, it (or what it's attached to) was bent sideways. If you can get an image of what it should look like, you may be able to carefully bend it back out of the way.

I hope this helps!

Board footera