You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01-8-2017 16:18:56  #11

Re: Optima Elite 3 - Carriage Won't Stay Put

Right on, appreciate that! 
I'll bring that machine out and see what i can do about it

is the platen/paper deflector removal a pretty straightforward task?
i. Hope....

02-8-2017 09:07:59  #12

It's not very difficult, but it might take a couple guesses to figure out how it comes apart.

I think it's one platen knob comes off, then looseninh the setscrews on the platen allow removal of the rod with the other platen knob. The platen should then more or less lift right out, if I'm remembering it right.

The paper defelector is zero or two screws, it's mostly held in by the fact the platen is on top of it, preventing it from coming out. I remember it being obvious how to remove it once the platen was off.

02-8-2017 11:57:50  #13

Well I don't think I did it correctly… I'm not sure if you were supposed to take the whole carriage off first, but I didn't and it was kind of a struggle but I did manage to remove both the Platen  and the paper deflected but I couldn't see very much except for when the carriage passed over the gears which is only really visible in two or three places.

But I just saturated the whole thing with mineral spirits and it does seem to be working correctly now, although I have a temporary success in the past only  defined that wants the solution completely dried, the problem persisted.

I will report back later today with an update

02-8-2017 12:03:13  #14

Apologies I was dictating that last message

What I meant to say was that, in the past, I have found that sometimes once the solution is all dried up, the problem returns (on this particular machine)

02-8-2017 23:03:20  #15

I'm afraid I really messed up the machine
When I took off that piece underneath the plan I don't think I did it right because it doesn't want to go back in the same way
. And I can hardly turn the platen when I get it back in there...

Board footera