You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02-6-2014 04:21:08  #1

Groma Kolibri Lucus. What ribbon to order?

Hi all,

I bought this Groma Kolibri Luxus last weekedn at Retrorama vintage festival in Brussels. It states it was made for export out of East Germany. I know these were made between 1954-1963. The serial nr is A34240. Any idea on the approximate year of manufacture?

But more importantly I would need to find new black ribbon for it. Any idea which type and where I could find it?

Thanks !

Yves Debroyer
Belgium

02-6-2014 10:46:53  #2

Re: Groma Kolibri Lucus. What ribbon to order?

Hi Yves,
Your Groma was most likely made during the mid-'60s. My Luxux is number A2824 and the best I've been able to narrow the date of manufacture down to is between 1962 and 1965.

As for ribbon, any normal typewriter ribbon will fit your machine. The Groma uses regular spools too, so you should be able to use the one that the new ribbon comes on. However, if your machine has metal spools, hang on to them. I don't know of any retailer in your area, but ribbon is easy to order on eBay. Just search for typewriter ribbon - the size is 13 mm.

How about posting a few pictues of you new machine?

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

02-6-2014 17:01:38  #3

Your machine takes exactly the same DIN 2103 ribbon as other German typewriters, like Adler, Olympia, Erika etc.  In England, this ribbon is known as Group 1001

03-6-2014 01:54:59  #4

Thanks Uwe and Thetypewriterman for this info! I wanted to post a picture but I need to write minimum 2 posts before I am allowed. So stay tuned !

03-6-2014 02:00:05  #5

Picture of my Groma Kolibri Luxus

http://instagram.com/p/osi_7krZjI/

Board footera