You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15-6-2014 20:57:17  #1

Unlevel keys

I was taking my woodstock apart to clean things. I undscrewed the top part of the metal shell and lifted up and stuff. I also took out the screws holding all of the insides to the shell. When I went to put all it together, i noticed that some of the key bars are slightly higher up and lot laying flat. The keys on the key board dont all raise all the way up in the resting postion. Did i mess somehting up? Miss some places to clean? I have some pics.

The spacebar is croocked because I'm still hoocking it back up.

15-6-2014 22:48:26  #2

Re: Unlevel keys

You should start by following the bars and linkages to see if one component in the system is either bent or otherwise not in the correct position. Things get bent - especially in old machines.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

15-6-2014 23:41:48  #3

Uwe wrote:

You should start by following the bars and linkages to see if one component in the system is either bent or otherwise not in the correct position. Things get bent - especially in old machines.

Ok. It types very well. just it's annoying that some of the keys dont come up enough for comfort. I may have fixed it alittle because now its not as bad,but I will still do what you said.

16-6-2014 07:14:03  #4

I don't know the insides of that particular machine, but since the keys function properly and are just laying too low, it sounds like a few well placed rubber bands could fix the problem. For the originality's sake it would of course be best to trace the problem and fix it properly, but until then a temprorary fix should do fine to keep you typing.

Last edited by tatte (16-6-2014 07:14:41)

16-6-2014 12:05:37  #5

Well I unscrewed the guts again from the body and moved it. Now the keys are all almost level. They were slightly off wheni bought and its now back to that point. Hehe now i just have to put the space bar back in. I was a fool and didnt take a photo of the underside.

Board footera