You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

20-11-2018 08:33:13  #11

Re: Olympia SM9 - lowercase letters PROBLEM (Yugoslavian keyboard)

thetypewriterman

I checked the capital OO check and everything is fine - they are slightly overlapping as you mentioned.
However I found out that if I hard push the carriage to the right to start typing new line, the first letter will be in good position and all new lines will have a good precise margin and first letters. So I think that the margin is good positioned mechanically, but something hardly get in the adequate place if I push the carriage gently (if I push hard at the end of the margin, everything is fine but I think that is not a good solution for a nice machine).  

Best regards

20-11-2018 17:40:55  #12

You could still try the margin rack adjustment to see if it makes any difference.  If it doesn't, you can always put it back to where it was originally.  Did you make any progress with the line-lock ?

20-11-2018 18:36:53  #13

It looks like that there is a succes with the margin rack! Now it works even if I push the lever softly
Unfortunately it is a big no-no for the line-lock... As you said, the mechanism (line lock lever etc.) in the case of the typewriter works, I compared with the other SG3 that I have. 
I have tested the mechanism with the other smaller carriage that I have (it is an awful condition), and it works! The stop mechanism in the small carriage is the same as in the wide carriage. I have adjusted the stop margin "tooth" that rings the bell and after the bell it slides trough a metal plate, but nothing... Interesting problem  

Board footera