You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

06-11-2023 15:58:50  #11

Re: Colorful Royal HHs?

Every HH that I've come across in person, including the one I own, had the same colour wrinkle paint. I'm assuming then it's either the Royaltone Light or Dark Grey or possibly the Grey Frieze that we most commonly see. 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

21-11-2023 13:27:14  #12

About a week after my previous post about never having seen an HH that wasn't painted in the standard colour, I came across a local auction listing that showed a greenish HH. I quickly entered a bid and continued browsing the auction as it was about to close.

Not finding anything else of interest, I took a closer look at the Royal I had bid on, and quickly realized it had been repainted. My excitement had collapsed into dread as the auction clock neared zero; I prayed that someone would enter a last second bid to take this HH off my hands.

As luck would have it, someone did outbid me and I dodged a bullet. Had it not been for this thread I probably would have looked more carefully before placing my bid... 

In my defence, I had bid on a thumbnail of this image (below). It's obvious - now - looking at the full image that:
1. The colour is just wrong
2. The keytops are the wrong colour
3. It's not a great repaint as things such as the ribbon colour index are painted over
4. The unpainted components are the bog-stock Royall HH colour

I would guess that this was done a long time ago as the dealer/shop sticker on the ribbon cover is very old and it doesn't appear to have been removed and reapplied, or masked and painted around. Also, the paint is textured, not a technique that current day rattle can painters bother with.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

19-12-2023 14:40:34  #13

Mine is also what I take to be the standard office crinkle finish.  It's fine, I love the HH for its typing qualities and its sheer imposing mightiness, but those are some very pretty rarities.  (And I'm glad you didn't end up saddled with the amateur custom two-tone paint job, Uwe.)

Board footera