You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

18-11-2014 21:30:58  #1

The Royal Signet or whatever it is

So I have a serious problem. I basically was told that my favorite typewriter has typewriter brain cancer and I want another. And it won't even replace the SM-9. But anyways, it is a Royal Signet. It's called the Forward I but it's really a Signet. I'll attach a link. I actually really like the style, and the color, but I was wondering if anyone can tell me how it types? I would like another ultra-portable for school and I'll get this as my next project. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-ROYAL-Forward-I-Portable-Typewriter-Made-in-Holland-/331369765828?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d272d5bc4 (And I don't know what it is, I am just naturally drawn to Royals. Is anyone else like this?)

A high schooler with a lot of typewriters. That's pretty much about it.

18-11-2014 21:48:45  #2

Re: The Royal Signet or whatever it is

$12 plus shipping is a lot to pay for a machine of that age that looks to need a very good cleaning. If you were to buy an ultraportable I would heartily recommend a small Brother- several MILLIONS are out there, they have consistent quality (likely an issue with this forward), and they are dirt cheap. I paid $20 for my Deluxe over shopgoodwill.com.

As far as you being drawn towards Royals, I too am drawn to them... I have four in my room right now, and one is used daily. I have a whole lot more on my shelves in another room.

18-11-2014 23:38:26  #3

How does that machine type you ask? After - of course - it's been extensively cleaned and is proven to be mechancially sound? Quite well actually. It's very similar to my Parade (minus a couple of features), and it has a suprisingly good type action.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

19-11-2014 05:22:00  #4

I have a Signet that I like a lot. Cool case, too, with a built-in type pad.

19-11-2014 21:02:38  #5

Alright then. I'll think about it some more. A better question would be what typewriter doesn't tpe well.  And in regard to the heavy cleaining, I like to do that. I delight in bringing back these machines back to what they once were.

19-11-2014 21:50:55  #6

ztyper wrote:

A better question would be what typewriter doesn't tpe well.

I'm sure we could come up with a long list of models that would fit that description.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

19-11-2014 21:52:13  #7

In that case, I guess I'll find out the hard way.

Board footera