You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28-1-2015 21:17:46  #1

Royal Brothers?

I just bought a Royal Arrow off of ebay for $30 (I really hope it's not damaged...) because I've always wanted a Quiet DeLuxe. I was just curious as to the differences between the QDL and the Arrow, if any.

A high schooler with a lot of typewriters. That's pretty much about it.

28-1-2015 21:24:49  #2

Re: Royal Brothers?

The QDL has a strip of felt on the top of the ribbon cover that supposedly makes it quieter, and the Arrow lacks a tabulator. The Arrow also lacks the chrome band around the ribbon cover that the QDL and Aristocrat have. They all type the same though, and honestly, I like the looks of an Arrow better.

28-1-2015 21:34:54  #3

I like the looks of the QDL more, but just because of the chrome. I'm a sucker for chrome anything. But I had hoped that it would come with a tab, but I only would use it for the occasional paragraph indent. And to center the machine. But it's really only for my own selfish desires. Though I'm glad that the type is the same

(and that was a quick responce!)

29-1-2015 12:59:04  #4

Just for the record, depending on when the machine was made, it's not chrome, it's nickel plated. Same goes with the key trims and all the other shiny bits on the machine.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

29-1-2015 16:08:40  #5

Well, let me rephrase that then: I love anything shiny on my typewriters. (Also a reason why I prefer the SM-4 over the SM-9. Even though the SM-9 feels better to me, the SM-4 has shiny bands of... I dunno, but I like the looks better anyway).

30-1-2015 05:01:02  #6

My friend in Edinburgh still has my QDL. I think he's scared to ship it. There's a 1952 Royal Companion near me but it's £40 and I just can't justify it with the QDL sitting up there in Scotland!

Last edited by KatLondon (30-1-2015 05:07:24)

Board footera