You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

18-5-2015 19:54:48  #11

Re: More Issues With L C Smith Super-speed

You must still have them backwards.  The active spool pulls fresh  ribbon from the inactive spool, it doesn't push ribbon through or release fresh ribbon.  Try this...  Take both ribbons directly out and set them on the table exactly as they were in the machine.  Now, still keeping them with the tops on top, and the bottoms on bottom, turn them completely 180 degrees so that the one that was on the left is now on the right, and vice versa. The ribbon will be coming from the other side of the spools now (I.g. If it was coming from the back. It will now be coming from the front). Put them in the machine just like that and see if it works. Hope that makes sense.

Oh, and I'm sorry if im telling you something you've already tried.  Its just that what you are describing means the ribbon just has to be in backwards.  I can't think of any other explanation (of course, that doesn't mean there isn't another explanation, just that I can't think of one).  And, my advice would be to not worry about red and black being in the right place right now. Let's just get the ribbon going through properly first.

Last edited by Spazmelda (18-5-2015 20:03:09)

18-5-2015 21:25:44  #12

Re: More Issues With L C Smith Super-speed

Yes, you guys are correct. They were backwards. The more I watched what was happening the more I realized that the spool was trying to push the ribbon through instead of pull it, and that's where the tension was lost. I waited until the remaining slack was out of one side and then began to wind it the other way and, voila, it began pulling the ribbon across the machine.

Thanks for your help and patience!

Board footera