You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09-7-2013 21:09:21  #1

What's Your Typing Speed in WPM?

Hey folks. 

I'm applying for a job as an audiofile transcriber, and typing-speed is one of the most important attributes for this position. 

Since this is a typewriter forum, I figured I'd ask, what is your typing-speed? 

Right now, my average is about 95-100wpm. with 95% accuracy and better. In tests, the highest I've gotten is 107wpm with 99% accuracy. 

My keyboard looked like this when I was done... 

"Not Yet Published" - My History Blog
"I just sit at a typewriter and curse a bit" - Sir Pelham Grenville "P.G." Wodehouse
"The biggest obstacle to professional writing is the necessity for changing a typewriter ribbon" - Robert Benchley

10-7-2013 18:13:20  #2

Re: What's Your Typing Speed in WPM?

What are you using to determine your WPM?

10-7-2013 21:01:38  #3

This, among other websites: 

http://www.typingtest.com/index.html

"Not Yet Published" - My History Blog
"I just sit at a typewriter and curse a bit" - Sir Pelham Grenville "P.G." Wodehouse
"The biggest obstacle to professional writing is the necessity for changing a typewriter ribbon" - Robert Benchley

20-7-2013 14:09:20  #4

I haven't done a speed drill in a long time, but in high school (a long time ago), I regularly got 80wpm with 100% accuracy. Doubt I could do that even with practice now.

Clark

20-7-2013 18:24:56  #5

I've never done any timed test, but only note the gigantic variation in my typing speed.  When alert at a machine I know, I can crash out text as fast as I can think it - almost, but at other times, when tired particularly, things go very slowly because of constant errors. Same with everyone, I guess.

My new computer has a very nasty keyboard - tiles such as in scrabble - and I constantly produce error after error on it.  Thank God they are easy (if irritating) to correct on a word-processor.

Sincerely,
beak.

Board footera