You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

21-10-2015 18:17:01  #11

Re: What do you use your typewriter for?

Based on a tip I read up above, I now type my monthly utility checks on a typer! I hadn't thought of that. Thanks to whoever mentioned that tip.
    I also typed a letter to the city telling them I wasn't happy with the street work they did next to my house this past summer and that they needed to fix the curb so water from the winter rains wouldn't wash out  the hillside and bring it down on my patio. It must have worked because they were here within a week. (I probably would have printed this letter on a laser printer, but I have typewriters set out on a couple of tables in my house already, so it was easier to type out than print out. I did, however, draft the letter in a word processor because I wanted to sound professional and make sure I included all of the important points.)

Bangin' around, this dirty old town, typin' for nickels and dimes...

22-10-2015 03:55:23  #12

treefaller wrote:

I did, however, draft the letter in a word processor because I wanted to sound professional and make sure I included all of the important points.)

Excellent. I like this inversion.

22-10-2015 04:40:35  #13

malole wrote:

treefaller wrote:

I did, however, draft the letter in a word processor because I wanted to sound professional and make sure I included all of the important points.)

Excellent. I like this inversion.

I use mine mostly for letters, grocery lists, notes to my kids' teachers, etc... 

On the topic of the inversion mentioned above.  I sometimes type a rough draft on computer, then send it to my kindle. I prop my kindle up next to the typewriter as a high tech copy stand and use it to write the final letter.  I usually don't do a rought draft this way, but occasionally I do.

22-10-2015 10:39:32  #14

Today I've been listening to Horowitz playing Scarlatti. But someone posted this brilliant thing on Facebook and although it's too long it's making me die laughing every time I watch it...

22-10-2015 11:02:20  #15

Oops!! Wrong thread, not sure how that happened. What happened to the edit button?

22-10-2015 11:56:00  #16

Hmm, where did the edit button go?

22-10-2015 12:11:13  #17

After you said that I looked and it isn't there anymore.  Oh well.

Smith Premier typewriters are cool!

22-10-2015 15:51:23  #18

You never miss it till you need it.

Do click the link though, it's great. Especially if you like Bjork.

22-10-2015 16:25:29  #19

Spazmelda wrote:

Hmm, where did the edit button go?

Sorry, but I had to remove it after finding out that some editing of extremely old posts was going on. Unfortunately, the 'free' forum software this forum uses is very limited and post editing is either an on or off thing, whereas with other forums that I moderate an adjustable period of time for editing is available. I know this probably won't make any sense for forum users, but from a moderation perspective allowing completely open editing can be a real nightmare.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

22-10-2015 16:36:33  #20

Well I guess just don't mess up then. Almost like a real typewriter.  (except the backspace part. And the computer part as well. But just ignore that)

As for what I use my typewriters for, mainly homework. I have an English project that I plan to use my good ol' Royal 10 heavily for.

A high schooler with a lot of typewriters. That's pretty much about it.

Board footera