You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02-11-2015 09:53:14  #51

Re: 2015 NaNoWriMo

Looks like you're off to a good start!

I've yet to type a word. Yesterday I spent my time getting everything organized on the digital side, and today I'm sidelined by a medical procedure; I'm hoping to get those type bars singing tomorrow though.

How did everyone else fare over the first 24 hours?

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

02-11-2015 11:25:41  #52

Uwe wrote:

Looks like you're off to a good start!

I've yet to type a word. Yesterday I spent my time getting everything organized on the digital side, and today I'm sidelined by a medical procedure; I'm hoping to get those type bars singing tomorrow though.

How did everyone else fare over the first 24 hours?

Not a thing done yet.  Yesterday my plans were hampered by having to help someone move into a new apartment.  Not too worried though.  The only year I won was a year I got started like 3 or 4 days late.

There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed. -- Ernest Hemingway

02-11-2015 12:01:30  #53

Nothing for me on the first day. But that should be expected on a football Sunday. (They should have known when they sceduled those football games) But now it is Monday and I've got a fresh sheet in the typer right now...  (warning - put on your sunglasses to avoid blinding glare from the flash on my shiny pate!)

Bangin' around, this dirty old town, typin' for nickels and dimes...

02-11-2015 14:39:57  #54

I am in a similar boat, but have been thinking about it in the meantime.  The cats are demanding some of my time this evening.  I am planning to make progress tonight.

Smith Premier typewriters are cool!

03-11-2015 04:56:04  #55

As I suspected would be the case, I'm still up against a scary deadline for the moment... I've not had a moment to think about the novel and should not even be here. I'm hoping to do three weeks of NaNoWriMo.

03-11-2015 11:26:52  #56

treefaller wrote:

But now it is Monday and I've got a fresh sheet in the typer right now...

Wow, an action shot!  
It almost looks like a radio mill photo too. More NaNoWriMo photos everyone!

To those who haven't started yet, don't sweat it. Writing something, anything, void of any word count concerns should be the goal. The main thing is to have fun - to type - and whatever actually ends up on the page is just a bonus.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

03-11-2015 11:32:50  #57

Yup, you're watching it right as it happens! The very act of creation! (Don't blink or you'll miss it.)

Bangin' around, this dirty old town, typin' for nickels and dimes...

06-11-2015 11:27:35  #58

I thought I posted this last night, but it doesn't seem to have made it.  I found my notes for a story I've been meaning to start and a general outline! But I have several in-progress stories too.  Decisions, decisions!

06-11-2015 12:31:13  #59

I've had a dismal start this year. Aside from a few distractions, I've found it to be far more difficult to pick up a story where I last left it than to start one from scratch. Picking up an in-progress work is fine if you have total recall of its details, but if like me you've forgotten more than you remember, it's a lot of work to locate specific passages to see what you have or haven't already covered.

07-11-2015 03:55:34  #60

I finally got going tonight! Wrote a couple of pages so far.  I think I'm on page 3, single spaced.

Board footera