You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22-1-2016 16:11:14  #1

Quick Blick Flick

I got my daughter to take a quick video of my Blick that is now sort of working.  It's not quite there yet, but better! New platen, new feet (thank's Typewriter Guy- they are great), new ink roller, and lots and lots of cleaning and tweaking).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9hXmlX-BjU

22-1-2016 17:52:09  #2

Re: Quick Blick Flick

Wow. That thing is really clean. I have yet to receive some parts for my #7 from an Australian donor... So until them, I can't type on mine .

Off hand, do you remember how loud it was with the old platen compared to the new one? Is it a major difference? (I know, I keep asking this, but $60 is a lot for some rubber...)

Back from a long break.

Starting fresh with my favorite typer. A Royal Futura!

22-1-2016 18:59:42  #3

The platen on this one was so hard, I thought it was actually metal.  I thought it was a metal core rather than rubber (they actually have a wooden core come to find out).  For the Blick, it wasn't so much a case of being loud.  The mechanism of the type head isn't really loud. I was mostly concerned about damaging the type head. They seem to be hard to come by, so I didn't want to take that chance.  I also get better letter impressions with the new platen.

I did also get my Woodstock and Hermes platens redone, and they are both significantly quieter.

22-1-2016 19:11:40  #4

Wouldn't it be cool if you could 3d print new type wheels in new fonts?

:D

Back from a long break.

22-1-2016 19:52:42  #5

Man, you're killing me.  My daughter was so excited about the pssibility of getting a 3d printer, she's been bugging the crap out of me

Surely they couldn't print in that much detail though?

22-1-2016 20:18:06  #6

No, thats why I haven't tried it. Talk about designing it though.... All the curves...

Back from a long break.

22-1-2016 21:40:43  #7

Nice video Spaz -fascinating to see that machine in operation. Kind of a "head bobbing" action!

Bangin' around, this dirty old town, typin' for nickels and dimes...

23-1-2016 02:27:56  #8

Yes, that is a neat little machine.  Nice video too!

Smith Premier typewriters are cool!

23-1-2016 13:02:04  #9

Here is a pic of the feet that TypewriterGuy made.  They work perfectly!

23-1-2016 13:24:10  #10

Those are some serious feet! 

Smith Premier typewriters are cool!

Board footera