You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12-9-2016 10:24:25  #1

Gossen Tippa B

I am considering buying one of these and wanted some opinions about them. I've heard good things about them but don't know much about their performance.

Visit my website, eafeliupoetry.com, for posts on typewriters and literature.

12-9-2016 12:11:08  #2

Re: Gossen Tippa B

You have me curious about what a Tippa B is. Gossen produced the Tippa between '48-'57, and I don't recall having ever seen or read anything about a model called the Tippa B, just the Tippa and Tippa Pilot. After Adler took over production in '58 there were other Tippa models such as the Tippa 1 and the Tippa S, but again, no Tippa B.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

28-10-2016 13:17:40  #3

I have one, with the tombstone keys, and it's great. Rather loud sound it makes as you type but well built and sturdy as hell. For some reason Gossen called it the "Tippa Boy" so Tippa B.
But it is all the same as other such Gossen models.
Maybe they were afraid that only women were buying red typewriters  ?

By the way: Gossen today is know for making very high end lightmeters for photography and electrial measuring meters, etc. 

28-10-2016 16:18:16  #4

Rushwarp wrote:

For some reason Gossen called it the "Tippa Boy" so Tippa B.

It's too bad the OP hasn't answered my question. It would be nice to confirm that was what he meant by "Tippa B" because I've never heard that term used before, not even to describe a Tippa Boy.

Rushwarp wrote:

But it is all the same as other such Gossen models.

There has to have been some difference. The other Gossen models were not identical. The Pilot, which was a second generation Tippa, had a ribbon colour selector that the standard Tippa did not (the standard Adler-produced Tippa did include a colour selector and I have seen final year Gossen models with the feature also, but they may have been produced by Adler).

This makes me curious about where the "Tippa Boy" fits into the model line up. It was a first generation model, and was available in red and cream colours, but I've never seen one in person so don't know if it had the exact same feature set as the standard Tippa. 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

28-10-2016 17:23:13  #5

Hi Uwe, 
Yes, absiloutely, there are many little differences, agreed.

I meant to say that the general concepts, like the very flat general profile, size and mechnics are quite similar.
For me anyway, the different designs of ribbon covers, the integration of the support plank into a new carry case design, and all the rest don't radically affect the essential guts and reactivity of the beast as far as I can 'feel' it in my fingers.

Board footera