You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

17-3-2013 21:24:25  #1

Typefaces, Slugs, and Keyboards - The Rare, The Wild, and The Wacky

I'll admit that I have a boring typewriter collection. For typing on the wild side, I have many machines with a QWERTZ keyboard, but the majority are run-of-the-mill QWERTY typers. Some of you have some really unusual typefaces and keyboards in your collection, so let's hear about them. Even better, let's see a few photos of them.

To start off, I came across this Ukrainian typewriter for sale today in Toronto. I assumed that it was brought into the country by an immigrant, but the machine has a dealer sticker on it that looks to be as old as the machine. Very strange. Did a local typewriter shop actually import these things, or since Smith-Corona typers were also manufactured in Canada, could it have been a special request unit for the factory?

Smith-Corona Super Sterling with Ukrainian slugs:

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

24-3-2013 11:57:15  #2

Re: Typefaces, Slugs, and Keyboards - The Rare, The Wild, and The Wacky

Speaking of Ukranian typewriters, I have a nice portable Ukranian 'Conqueror' model. The construction is very similar to a British Oliver that I also have, and the cases for these are interchangeable, so I'm assuming it would be the same British (Croydon) manufacturer.

"Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of the typewriter."

Board footera