You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

30-3-2020 20:56:58  #1

I need help with the model # of an electric FACIT typewriter

I need help figuring out the model of the FACIT typewriter I have at home, cuz I need to sell it and figure out its price.
Can anyone help me with that ?
(I have absolutely NO clue about typewriters!)
I will truly appreciate it !
Also, how do I put pictures of it through here ?

30-3-2020 23:53:30  #2

Re: I need help with the model # of an electric FACIT typewriter

Hi Joie

Start by reading the FAQ'sin Type Talk on how to post pictures. I notice you have posted this question in the Electric Typewriter section, so I'm assuming you have an electric Facet, could be an ET3 and does it look like this one? Does this point you in the right direction?

Sky

We humans go through many computers in our lives, but in their lives, typewriters go through many of us.
In that way, they’re like violins, like ancestral swords. So I use mine with honor and treat them with respect.
I try to leave them in better condition than I met them. I am not their first user, nor will I be their last.
Frederic S. Durbin. (Typewriter mania and the modern writer)

30-3-2020 23:58:06  #3

Guess I should have read the topic line a little more carefully, I would have seen it was an Electric Facit. It's late and I must be getting a bit tired. All the best,

Sky

We humans go through many computers in our lives, but in their lives, typewriters go through many of us.
In that way, they’re like violins, like ancestral swords. So I use mine with honor and treat them with respect.
I try to leave them in better condition than I met them. I am not their first user, nor will I be their last.

31-3-2020 00:06:52  #4

Hi Sky !!
Thanks for replying !
I went to the FAQ, and I should be able to do it.. Looks like I’m not too good with technology apparently, lol, but I will try to upload a pic.

31-3-2020 18:40:36  #5

31-3-2020 18:42:19  #6

Well, it worked...
Those are the pics of the typewriter I have !!
Does anyone know which model and year is it ??
Any idea of how much it costs ?? (used, and it’s missing the cable)

Thanks !!

01-4-2020 11:21:06  #7

Hi Joie

Have you looked at the back of the unit where the power cord goes into the machine, or on the underside for a model information sticker, label or tag? Remove the ribbon cover (hood) and check for any information there. Maybe slide the carriage from one side to the other to see if there's any sort of serial number tag on the carriage track.

Not meaning to sound too discouraging about this unit, however these big cumbersome electric desk models are not what one would call highly sought after, so don't be surprised if there's not much interest in this machine even if you are able to find out what it might be worth on the market. Search a little deeper and let us know if you find anything,

Sky

01-4-2020 13:40:45  #8

My guess is that it's a mid-'70s 18-series model, possibly an 1830. This older thread might be of interest: https://typewriter.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=795

As for what it's worth, the answer is not much. I paid CAD$40 for my 1820 - and it had its power cord. If I was presented with your machine I wouldn't offer more than $20 for it, and even then that's only because I could fabricate a power cord and might have some chance of repairing it if it wasn't working properly.

Of course it can also depend on where you live and what local demand there is for such machines. As Sky suggested the market for office electric models is extremely small when compared to the demand for mechanical portables painted in flashy colours. You would have to be a true typewriter collector to be interested in such a machine.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

01-4-2020 14:14:32  #9

Thank you soooo much for your help guys !!!
I appreciate your answers ! 

Have an amazing day !!

Board footera