You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09-10-2020 09:05:14  #1

Facit TP-2

"New" Facit TP-2 typewriter in my collection. 

Made in Sweden in 1966.  Was happy to pay $ 110 USD for it with its lovely powder-blue color.

Surprise for me when I got it home and found out it is cursive-script, too.

1-owner machine with very little use.  Needed a good cleaning and some minor adjustments, but it works and types great.  That tube-bearing travel-system is so smooth.  Will make some new rubber feet for it when I pick up the materials.

09-10-2020 10:09:52  #2

Re: Facit TP-2

Congrats, that machine looks really good.
Do you own a Triumph Norm or Perfekt?
I am wondering how they compare with the Facit concerning the smoothness of the carriage.

Lau

09-10-2020 11:45:56  #3

I'm a fan of Facit in general, but I'm less enthusiastic about the later portables like the 1620; that sentiment of course holds true for most manufacturers offerings from the '70s and '80s.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

09-10-2020 12:22:12  #4

Laurenz, I do own a 1962 Triumph Perfekt.  The carriage is smoother on my Facit TP-2 but the type-keys are a little more secure/solid feeling on my Triumph.  Here is a photo of my Triumph.  I did repaint the exterior of the case top.

09-10-2020 13:12:37  #5

Thanks for the info Pete.
The paint job on the case looks terrific, very good color match.

09-10-2020 13:51:23  #6

The bottom of the case (inside and outside) were perfect.  Only the exterior of the cast-top was severely scratched up.

My case was also missing its "Triumph" badge.  Made this one by using a high-resolution photo off the Internet, printed it out on photo-quality paper.  Then I placed two layers of Avery laminating sheet to the back and one sheet on the front, cut out the badge, and glued it in place.

I did not think I would find an original badge in my lifetime or the next...

11-10-2020 10:22:30  #7

Look what I got for you.
If you are willing to pay the shipping I can send the badge to you.

13-10-2020 13:14:52  #8

Hi Laurenz,

That would be great.  I have sent you my address here in the USA via a private message.

You can let me know your shipping cost and the cost for the little badge as well.  I am willing to pay you for it.

Do you accept PayPal ?  I can send it to as a family gift.

Private Message on its way to you.

14-10-2020 04:32:04  #9

Hi Pete, the shipping costs will do. The badge comes from a 1962 Norm I recently selled to my typewriter dealer. The machine was waiting in its case to be picked up. When I saw your post I contacted the dealer and asked him if he cared about the case. The answer was exactly what I hoped for: "No, we throw them away, they take up too much space". I never thought I was happy to hear such a thing. I removed the batch instantly and I am happy to send it to you soon.

14-10-2020 10:59:16  #10

Laurenz van Gaalen wrote:

..."No, we throw them away, they take up too much space"....

The horror...  and the insanity!

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

Board footera