You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09-10-2020 09:05:14  #1


Facit TP-2

"New" Facit TP-2 typewriter in my collection. 

Made in Sweden in 1966.  Was happy to pay $ 110 USD for it with its lovely powder-blue color.

Surprise for me when I got it home and found out it is cursive-script, too.

1-owner machine with very little use.  Needed a good cleaning and some minor adjustments, but it works and types great.  That tube-bearing travel-system is so smooth.  Will make some new rubber feet for it when I pick up the materials.

 

09-10-2020 10:09:52  #2


Re: Facit TP-2

Congrats, that machine looks really good.
Do you own a Triumph Norm or Perfekt?
I am wondering how they compare with the Facit concerning the smoothness of the carriage.

Lau

 

09-10-2020 11:45:56  #3


Re: Facit TP-2

I'm a fan of Facit in general, but I'm less enthusiastic about the later portables like the 1620; that sentiment of course holds true for most manufacturers offerings from the '70s and '80s.

 

09-10-2020 12:22:12  #4


Re: Facit TP-2

Laurenz, I do own a 1962 Triumph Perfekt.  The carriage is smoother on my Facit TP-2 but the type-keys are a little more secure/solid feeling on my Triumph.  Here is a photo of my Triumph.  I did repaint the exterior of the case top.

     •Thread Starter
 

09-10-2020 13:12:37  #5


Re: Facit TP-2

Thanks for the info Pete.
The paint job on the case looks terrific, very good color match.

 

09-10-2020 13:51:23  #6


Re: Facit TP-2

The bottom of the case (inside and outside) were perfect.  Only the exterior of the cast-top was severely scratched up.

My case was also missing its "Triumph" badge.  Made this one by using a high-resolution photo off the Internet, printed it out on photo-quality paper.  Then I placed two layers of Avery laminating sheet to the back and one sheet on the front, cut out the badge, and glued it in place.

I did not think I would find an original badge in my lifetime or the next...


     •Thread Starter
 

11-10-2020 10:22:30  #7


Re: Facit TP-2

Look what I got for you.
If you are willing to pay the shipping I can send the badge to you.

 

13-10-2020 13:14:52  #8


Re: Facit TP-2

Hi Laurenz,

That would be great.  I have sent you my address here in the USA via a private message.

You can let me know your shipping cost and the cost for the little badge as well.  I am willing to pay you for it.

Do you accept PayPal ?  I can send it to as a family gift.

Private Message on its way to you.

     •Thread Starter
 

14-10-2020 04:32:04  #9


Re: Facit TP-2

Hi Pete, the shipping costs will do. The badge comes from a 1962 Norm I recently selled to my typewriter dealer. The machine was waiting in its case to be picked up. When I saw your post I contacted the dealer and asked him if he cared about the case. The answer was exactly what I hoped for: "No, we throw them away, they take up too much space". I never thought I was happy to hear such a thing. I removed the batch instantly and I am happy to send it to you soon.

 

14-10-2020 10:59:16  #10


Re: Facit TP-2

Laurenz van Gaalen wrote:

..."No, we throw them away, they take up too much space"....

The horror...  and the insanity!

 

Board footera