You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04-5-2014 14:09:22  #71

Re: New Member Thread

'tis true.  You can see some of my typewriter work here -[apparently I can't post a link yet as I'm too new but I'm pretty easy to google- Kasper Pincis]- and my cousin Matylda is a neuroradiologist in Toronto!  So if you ever meet her, she has a nice piece on the wall...

"...as if you could kill time without injuring eternity".

11-5-2014 22:30:55  #72

Hello.
I'm a new member, and I'm completely new to the subject of typewriters.
I have joined to get help on confirming the age of a typewriter my fiancee and I have as a decoration.

Though I've looked at a few places online, I'm not sure if what I found is accurate.
May I post my questions about the typewriter as a new topic in "TYPE TALK", along with photos and a picture of the serial number?
Would it be more appropriate to post my question and photos under a topic that alread exists?

11-5-2014 22:55:33  #73

Hi and welcome TBF, you've come to the right place!

We love photos - and helping out with questions. I'd suggest creating a new thread in either the Standard or Portable sections for your machine depending on what type it is. If you're not sure just pick one and I can always move it later if it isn't in the right area. I think you will need to post at least three times before you are allowed to add a photo, so you can always put the photo in a subsequent post in the thread. 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

11-5-2014 23:30:18  #74

Thank you.

I'm still getting used to message boards.  I've looked over the rules and the FAQ, but I may make some mistakes along the way, and I hope everyone will forgive me.

My topic should be up soon.

13-5-2014 18:51:24  #75

Addressed to Uwe:    I am not sure it a post is always read and responded to, but I did post a comment about a receint Olympia that has a very small type character (face?).   It is smaller than an elite.   Wondered if someone out there had seen one before and knew why it has 14 to 15 letters to an inch.    Did I post this right?     by Guess I`ll try

13-5-2014 21:03:31  #76

Some post take longer than others to get a response, often it has to do with the question being asked and whether or not someone here has an answer for it. You did right, but I think if you post a photo of the typeface it would help in identifying it. I'd suggest posting it in Beak's Typeface Database thread in this sub-forum using the format that has been established there; if you do have an oddball typeface on your machine we will all want to see it!

This is a pretty relaxed forum, and in most cases a very helpful one too, but sometimes you just have to be patient and wait for an answer to turn up. 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

16-5-2014 15:05:46  #77

Good evening!
I have recently acquire a typewriter from a will that appears, well, pretty old.  And I'm sure from this lehmann approach, I know literally nothing about them.  I'll attach some photographs and if anybody can enlighten me, it would be much appreciated.  As I need to have done at least two posts to attach them, can somebody perhaps direct me to the correct thread to post this?

Thanks in advance!

Paul
@paulmoody24

16-5-2014 15:48:04  #78

Hi Paul,
Welcome to TT! If the machine you have inherited is a portable (small, compact, usually comes in a travel case), start a new thread in the Portable Typewriters sub-forum.
If it's a standard (a big, office-type model), start a new thread in the Standard Typewriters sub-forum.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you've got!

16-5-2014 16:07:05  #79

Ok, thanks. I think it's classed as small, so I'll head in that direction, right now!

Paul
@paulmoody24

19-5-2014 10:32:41  #80

Hi all,

New to this forum, and I am planning to pick up a Typewriter for fun and to get myself to write a more disciplined mode do to the fact that my writing is very sloppy due to using the computer.   I am most likely young for this fourm (34), and also was wondering what types of typewriters I should look at.   I am in North America.   I am also sick and tired at looking at screens all day. 

Appologies for any spelling errors or grammer mistakes I have in my writing, I use typewriters to break my lazy habits and to send my dysgraphia off a cliff.

Board footera