You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02-11-2015 17:57:09  #161

Re: Your Ebay watch list

KatLondon wrote:

Surely this has to be the ugliest thing anyone here has ever seen... I've looked at it several times today in a sort of morbid fascination...

Yep. I agree. It takes the top spot. What were they thinking when they drew the design for that thing?
I'm tempted. Morbidly.

02-11-2015 17:59:27  #162

It's like the typewriter equivalent of those vinyl couches you used to get in rented flats! <shudder>

02-11-2015 18:15:50  #163

KatLondon wrote:

Surely this has to be the ugliest thing anyone here has ever seen... I've looked at it several times today in a sort of morbid fascination...

That's a weird one - it looks like a Stott - here's a post about Stott from the Filthy Platen:
http://filthyplaten.com/2015/05/24/on-the-packing-bench-the-stott-l1-typewriter/

02-11-2015 18:17:09  #164

KatLondon wrote:

Wow, it is both huge and ugly.  You gonna get it?

02-11-2015 18:22:02  #165

*Shudders at thought of owning one*

Those are... to the prettiest...

Back from a long break.

Starting fresh with my favorite typer. A Royal Futura!

02-11-2015 18:24:06  #166

*Not

Not the prettiest

Back from a long break.

Starting fresh with my favorite typer. A Royal Futura!

02-11-2015 18:57:12  #167

I actually think it looks pretty cool. I wouldn't be caught dead using it, but it'd be nice to have to put next to my Royal 10 to make it look extra nice.

A high schooler with a lot of typewriters. That's pretty much about it.

02-11-2015 22:31:33  #168

KatLondon wrote:

The front looks like the inside of corrugated cardboard - our machine is so no frills it looks like it was made out of a carton? Has perfectly ordinary looking carriage, coincidentally with a paper injector like the SG1 under consideration a few posts back.

Did you notice the dusty can of Vichyssoise in this still life? Brings to mind botulism. Or maybe that's just me.

"Damn the torpedoes! Four bells, Captain Drayton".

03-11-2015 04:50:21  #169

Mech wrote:

... here's a post about Stott from the Filthy Platen:
http://filthyplaten.com/2015/05/24/on-the-packing-bench-the-stott-l1-typewriter/

Thanks Mech, you've actually succeeded in making this almost interesting!

And Spazmelda - no. (lol) Aside from anything else, I already have a standard under my desk and a standard sitting on the living room floor... I don't think I'd win many brownie pints for keeping it in the bed or on the kitchen table!

03-11-2015 04:50:57  #170

Especially not with *those* looks... 

Board footera