You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02-11-2015 16:43:20  #1

My first typewriter - model unknown!!

Hello everyone! I'm so happy to be a part of this community. I got a typewriter for myself as my birthday gift to myself. It functions well, has no cover but has the case, and on the back it says "Made in Germany". I bought it with the intention of using it rather than collection, but I see myself acquiring a couple more typewriters in my future ^_^
I'm estimating its a 60's model machine.
Can anyone figure out what kind of machine this is??

-Embermarrow

03-11-2015 10:56:46  #2

Re: My first typewriter - model unknown!!

Fairly certain it's an early '60s Rheinmetall KsT. If you post the serial number, which should be located below the right-side ribbon spool, we can determine the exact year of its manufacture.

I'm curious, how did you manage to post an image with only 1 post? The anti-spam security that's in place here should have prevented that.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

11-11-2015 12:06:24  #3

Uwe wrote:

Fairly certain it's an early '60s Rheinmetall KsT. If you post the serial number, which should be located below the right-side ribbon spool, we can determine the exact year of its manufacture.

I'm curious, how did you manage to post an image with only 1 post? The anti-spam security that's in place here should have prevented that.

Thanks! The serial number has been partially scratched off, I'll try to see if I can discern the entire thing. I definitely did not intend to bypass any anti-spam, sorry for doing so! The image I posted is hosted by instagram, I posted the actual image source, perhaps that's how I was able to do so.

11-11-2015 13:28:41  #4

embermarrow wrote:

I definitely did not intend to bypass any anti-spam, sorry for doing so!

Not a concern as you're a legitimate member.

I'm looking at the type from your KsT, did you try to re-ink the ribbon, or is that how you received it? It's oddly inconsistent, so if it isn't an uneven application of ink, maybe your ribbon transport system is only working intermittently.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

Board footera