You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

08-10-2015 04:54:55  #21

Re: Repainting a Royal KMG

Its just I have a lot of projects going on know... I am probably going to wait for spring now.

Back from a long break.

Starting fresh with my favorite typer. A Royal Futura!

17-11-2015 10:55:29  #22

I want to see it!

17-11-2015 15:45:41  #23

Ill post some photos of them current state later today (I think). Im repainting them (If they are as bad as I think) in the spring.

Back from a long break.

01-12-2015 15:36:41  #24

02-12-2015 01:09:51  #25

That is a technically awesome job, if not the color scheme I would have chosen - reminds me of a high-end hotel bathroom somehow.  This does give me inspiration however for a what-was-I-thinking grey Remington portable in a bloated body. The sky is the limit! I have always had a hankering for a fuchsia machine... I was thinking of a car, but we can start small and see how it works out.

"Damn the torpedoes! Four bells, Captain Drayton".

02-12-2015 06:08:28  #26

Well I took a look at mine the other day. One I am not going to paint, but the other I will. It has some flaking paint, and rust spots. So I think I am going to paint it black, white, or red.

I wish that one in the blog was spray painted! It would not look so sloppy on the ribbon cover. Otherwise, that looks great. Must have been expensive to get the chrome related to gold.

Back from a long break.

02-12-2015 07:49:41  #27

TypewriterGuy wrote:

Well I took a look at mine the other day. One I am not going to paint, but the other I will. It has some flaking paint, and rust spots. So I think I am going to paint it black, white, or red.

My first effort was in "primer" - I sanded down the rust spots and primed them in grey, and stopped. It looks like the machine had work to do and couldn't wait around the shop for a top coat. To my weird sensibility.

I wish that one in the blog was spray painted! It would not look so sloppy on the ribbon cover. Otherwise, that looks great. Must have been expensive to get the chrome related to gold.

There is gold colored metallic paint - including spray paint - which looks remarkably good to the common eye. Probably royalty surrounded by real gold would not be fooled. 

"Damn the torpedoes! Four bells, Captain Drayton".

02-12-2015 15:36:29  #28

Haha. I knew there was metallic paint, but I didn't know it looked that good...

Back from a long break.

Board footera