You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12-12-2015 21:16:02  #1

Difference between Royal Safari and Royal Custom?

Received one of each today. Whats the difference?

Back from a long break.

Starting fresh with my favorite typer. A Royal Futura!

12-12-2015 22:54:58  #2

Re: Difference between Royal Safari and Royal Custom?

Which Custom model are you asking about? I think there were three versions of the Custom, maybe more? Same goes for the Safari. I could be wrong - because I often am - but I thought there were a few versions of that model too. Serial numbers of both machines would be a good place to start, but I have to warn you: attempting to unravel the myriad Royal portables made during the '60s is not a job for the faint of heart. Some machines only have cosmetic differences, or only differ where they were manufactured, or the market they were sold in. ​Then, for example, I have a couple of Safari models, and a Sabre, and although I've never directly compared them (I guess that I should), aside from having slightly different case shapes and keys, they appear to be identical typewriters - mechanically. Paint and trim are another matter.

Safari

Sabre

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

13-12-2015 07:28:02  #3

Ill post i picture when i get it inside. The custom I goats light blue, says Custom, made in USA on the carriage, and has a black plastic heading thing on the front. It looks like the first one, but now Im going to have to check again...

Back from a long break.

13-12-2015 07:30:46  #4

*I got

Really? I goat?

Back from a long break.

13-12-2015 08:10:12  #5

Got some pictures... Anyone know how to take off the plastic keys so I can remove the shell to whiten it? (Its ALOT more yellow than it looks...) Sorry its so dirty. All of the typewriters have been stored in a barn since..... 1970?

Back from a long break.

Board footera