You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

21-1-2016 18:41:13  #1

Strange model of a Blick?

I found this weird Blick. Im assuming that its a very early Blick 5, because you can see remains of the hand painted name and design. But it has a weird paper scale, paper fingers, and other things. It was made in 1897 because the serial is in the 3000s. What do you guys think it is?

Back from a long break.

Starting fresh with my favorite typer. A Royal Futura!

21-1-2016 19:39:56  #2

Re: Strange model of a Blick?

Not sure why you think it's weird; wasn't the raised scale a feature of the Model 7? And isn't this machine missing a few parts? Then again I'm not a Blickensderfer aficionado, but the source of the photo, which you didn't mention, might have more information.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

21-1-2016 19:47:13  #3

Re: Strange model of a Blick?

Its definitely not a Blick 7, as the bell would be in the back, and it would look different. Blick 7s do have raised scales, but they do not look like that. I read somewhere about the early Blicks, but I don't remember it looking like this. And the 7s don't have a foldable space bar, although I am not sure what the early models look like. Off the TWDB, I think it said the 7s were made a while after the 5s.

Its on Ebay, theres no information about it, but heres the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Prototype-or-Unusual-Variation-of-Early-Blickensderfer-Typewriter-/262252998239?hash=item3d0f7f2e5f:g:vIgAAOSwL7VWoUqb

The only thing see offhand missing is the case.

Im not a Blick person either

By the way, thanks Uwe for moving this.

Back from a long break.

Starting fresh with my favorite typer. A Royal Futura!

Board footera