You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

21-1-2016 18:41:13  #1


Strange model of a Blick?

 I found this weird Blick. Im assuming that its a very early Blick 5, because you can see remains of the hand painted name and design. But it has a weird paper scale, paper fingers, and other things. It was made in 1897 because the serial is in the 3000s. What do you guys think it is?


Back from a long break.

Starting fresh with my favorite typer. A Royal Futura!
 

21-1-2016 19:39:56  #2


Re: Strange model of a Blick?

Not sure why you think it's weird; wasn't the raised scale a feature of the Model 7? And isn't this machine missing a few parts? Then again I'm not a Blickensderfer aficionado, but the source of the photo, which you didn't mention, might have more information.

 

21-1-2016 19:47:13  #3


Re: Strange model of a Blick?

Its definitely not a Blick 7, as the bell would be in the back, and it would look different. Blick 7s do have raised scales, but they do not look like that. I read somewhere about the early Blicks, but I don't remember it looking like this. And the 7s don't have a foldable space bar, although I am not sure what the early models look like. Off the TWDB, I think it said the 7s were made a while after the 5s.

Its on Ebay, theres no information about it, but heres the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Prototype-or-Unusual-Variation-of-Early-Blickensderfer-Typewriter-/262252998239?hash=item3d0f7f2e5f:g:vIgAAOSwL7VWoUqb

The only thing see offhand missing is the case.

Im not a Blick person either

By the way, thanks Uwe for moving this.


Back from a long break.

Starting fresh with my favorite typer. A Royal Futura!
     •Thread Starter
 

Board footera