You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

26-1-2016 22:20:10  #1

WTB: Feet for Smith Corona Deluxe Secretarial

I just got one of these today; bought it from a guy who works for a house cleaning/estate auction firm. Seems to be a nice machine, and things appear to work well (though the slugs are pretty clogged). One thing I didn't notice until I got it home is that there are no feet on the left side of the machine. There are two rather substantial feet under the right side, but it seems clear from where the missing feet would go that the configuration on the left side is different, almost like it is a one-piece setup.  Does anyone have one of these machines and can take a picture of the underside, so I can see what it's supposed to look like? (Does anyone have a parts machine they can cannibalize?) It's very much like the 88, as I understand, so a picture of the underside of the 88, or if you have left side feet from the 88, will be great also.  Thanks!

27-1-2016 13:51:49  #2

Re: WTB: Feet for Smith Corona Deluxe Secretarial

Update -- I realized on second viewing that the layout of the feet is in fact symmetrical left and right. Both right and left side feet are attached to a metal plate that is bolted to the frame of the typewriter. So I don't need any pictures of the left side feet, but if anyone has a spare left side plate (and feet too!) that would be great.

Board footera