You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28-1-2016 17:13:21  #671

Re: Recent Acquisitions Thread

Nothing special with mine -- but the keys are a nice deep red. Very nice with the metallic blue body.

28-1-2016 21:43:20  #672

I'll post better pictures once I get it cleaned up, but I recently found this locally. 1949 Gold Royal Quiet De Luxe.

Los Angeles, CA

28-1-2016 23:00:43  #673

Now THAT is a major score. Congratulations.

28-1-2016 23:08:36  #674

Sweet!

"Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of the typewriter."

29-1-2016 00:22:53  #675

Valiant wrote:

Sweet!

​And ironic given we were just discussing this machine yesterday...

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

29-1-2016 01:04:52  #676

This is a not-so-recent acquisition (I've been very tardy with my photo taking of late), and not even a typewriter, but I couldn't resist the fine detailing of these hand-crafted Italian frames inspired by the mechanical typewriter. This past summer I treated myself to these Persol computer glasses.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

29-1-2016 03:36:56  #677

I love those frames. I get so picky about frames. If I didn't have a problem with nose pads leaving dents and irritating my skin, I would be hunting down a pair of those.

29-1-2016 06:14:30  #678

Wow, a gold plated Royal! 

Back from a long break.

Starting fresh with my favorite typer. A Royal Futura!

29-1-2016 07:23:35  #679

Very handsome glasses, Uwe, and beautifully captured. I should look into a pair of those myself; I'm getting due for new frames. The price may scare me, though! (I've had glasses since 4th grade (age 8); I imagine I've had close to 20 different pairs of glasses over the years.)

29-1-2016 12:43:55  #680

SoucekFan wrote:

If I didn't have a problem with nose pads leaving dents and irritating my skin, I would be hunting down a pair of those.

​They're quite light, but then again the type of lenses you use will greatly factor into overall weight and long-term comfort. 

Fleetwing wrote:

​The price may scare me, though!

They weren't cheap, but I justified the cost by considering how many years they will last. It's my first pair of so-called computer glasses, but given that they're only used for computer work (and typing!) they shouldn't be subjected to the same wear and tear as normal distance glasses. And if my vision changes enough, the lenses could always be swapped on their own. I'd love to have a pair of these for distance glasses too, but there's nothing wrong with my current pair - unfortunately...

Board footera