You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

29-1-2016 00:55:12  #391

Re: New Member Thread

Hi JP, and welcome. This thread is read is read often! Hope you enjoy your time here...

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

29-1-2016 23:41:38  #392

Thanks Uwe I expect I will, and am looking forward to sharing a bunch of machines once I get moved and unpacked... Guess I could go ahead and share a few recent acquisitions in that thread 

JP Huard

03-2-2016 13:50:44  #393

Today (3-Feb-2016) is a special day in the history of our modest forum as we officially welcome our 1,000th registered member, ryanocerous!

Ryan will receive a commemorative tagline under his member name that will forever denote his special status in our community of typewriter enthusiasts and the role he played in our collective achievement of a significant milestone.

Welcome to the Typewriter Talk pool, Ryan!
​[img]http://wp.production.patheos.com/blogs/pursuedbytruth/files/2015/04/Bundesarchiv_Bild_102-08112_Büro_im_Wasser.jpg[/img]

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

03-2-2016 22:19:18  #394

Welcome to ryanocerous, and kudos go to our moderator for creating and guiding this forum to such success.

"Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of the typewriter."

04-2-2016 09:21:47  #395

Ha ha! Awwww... Well done Uwe, and welcome ryanoserous.

04-2-2016 13:01:37  #396

Conga rats Uwe! I for one have thoroughly enjoyed my time on the forum and look forward to the good times ahead. Cheers!

04-2-2016 23:54:01  #397

Hello Gentlemen,

Thank you for accepting me here. Well, being an aficionado of Vintage material  (such as Gillette Razors, Straights and, mainly, other shave related products) I've found recently in my travels around a gorgeous UNIS/1982 , orange/white, German keyboard, Yugo' made and in excellent condition. That tiny machine became an hobby, and for work too, so here I am... 

Thanks again

Cheers

[ P.S. I need to take a look around here as the Caps Lock doesn't seem "right": it should have a bit more elevation on the platen to type the cap. letters correctly...]

05-2-2016 00:41:49  #398

Hello unis82, and welcome to the forum.

​I love straight edge razors too, and I would use them to shave with, but I've never had any luck with sharpening them. As for your Olympia (UNIS), if the capital letters are aligned properly when you hold the shift key down, but not when you use the lock, there is an adjustment for the lock. Two screws hold a small plate that the shift lock latches onto and it can be moved to raise or lower the position of the shift lock.

05-2-2016 20:33:51  #399

Thank you for your good care. True, straights needs some more time to apprehend the whole sharpening technique but when discovered...Only joy!

It's the same machine as the Olympia Traveler?! Good machine then, I suppose?!  I just posted an overview of the issue on "repairs" section...2 screws did you say?  Let me take a look...

05-2-2016 21:27:50  #400

I, today, took possession of a new-to-me 1938 Corona Sterling, my first manual typewriter since a couple of hand-me-downs I had in middle- and high-school. 

Not to be too personal in my first post, but I bought the 1938 Corona because it is stunningly beautiful and was manufactured in the same year my father was born. He died a year ago today and so the typewriter, my using it and restoring it is a kind of homage. 

It's nice to be among folks who appreciate good things in life. 

Corona Sterling 1938

Board footera