You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

18-2-2016 17:53:23  #1

WTB: Remington Remette Drum Spring

Hi everyone!  I'm hoping someone might be able to help me out, as I am in a pinch...

I'm doing a restoration on a Remington Cadet (essentially, a minimalist Remette), and sadly, at some point in the night the drum spring snapped (likely due to decades of tension and perhaps a poor alloy mixture with impurities for that series number series) and I don't have replacement compatible drum spring amongst my spare parts ...Has anyone possibly got a parts machine Cadet or Remette? Or even a Bantam or Pioneer 4A/Monarch Pioneer parts machine?
 I will of course pay for shipping, and can offer a fair price for the part or possible trade on a part that you may need, as well. Hoping someone might be help out, as I am restoring this machine  and it is otherwise complete and full restoration for a customer of mine... My sincere  gratitude to anyone who can help,Adam(PS Hoping to avoid finding an old alarm clock spring fix, due to differing widths and tension differentials that sometimes exist from spring to spring)

Last edited by Uwe (18-2-2016 18:14:57)

18-2-2016 18:14:08  #2

Re: WTB: Remington Remette Drum Spring

Moved to the Buy&Sell sub-forum...

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

18-2-2016 21:22:35  #3

Hey Adam, I saw this on the yahoo forum (Off topic)

Anyways, I would say to take off the spring (You've gotta anyways) and see where the spring snapped. If it only snapped where it connects to the center stem thing, then you dont need to replace the whole thing.

Back from a long break.

Starting fresh with my favorite typer. A Royal Futura!

19-2-2016 08:31:23  #4

Thanks for your reply (and yes I had posted on the other forum as well), but unfortunately the break in the drum spring occurred in the middle - about halfway.   I agree with you that that approach would have worked had the break been at either end. (I used a similar fix on my Smith Premier No. 4 restoration).  Thanks nonetheless for suggesting it! Much appreciated

Board footera