You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

19-9-2015 08:44:28  #21

Re: Do you get reactions from people that read your typewritten documents?

My handwriting is not that neat so I feel that something typewritten is just as personal but better.

24-9-2015 10:50:22  #22

Usually the reaction I get is one of surprise. I send letters to anyone whose address I have and more often than not, I get an email reply 0_o. Would be nice to get a handwritten reply! I gifted my Montogomery Ward Signature 100 to one of my nephews so we have a nice little correspondence going on. 

06-1-2016 19:03:45  #23

I once got a job because the store owner was kind of impressed by my typing skills on a typewritten résumé.

They call me "Hammerhands".

09-1-2016 22:03:04  #24

Freja wrote:

Usually the reaction I get is one of surprise. I send letters to anyone whose address I have and more often than not, I get an email reply 0_o. Would be nice to get a handwritten reply! ...

I got a very nice handwritten note with a $2 eBay purchase where the seller explained it now had some extra ink stains and as a result he was enclosing a partial refund of $1 and would that be satisfactory! I imagined him being an older gentleman because of his punctilious correctness over small sums, and thought he might enjoy a nice typewriter note in reply saying it was too bad about the ink stains, but of course that was satisfactory, and etc.

I did not get so much as an email reply. Sigh.

Item was by the way a receipt for a Royal Quiet Deluxe, late 1940's which included the serial #. It would certainly be neat to find the accompanying typewriter some day! However, my filing system leaves room for betterment, so I'm not sure I can find the receipt anymore...

"Damn the torpedoes! Four bells, Captain Drayton".

19-2-2016 18:01:18  #25

I once handed a typewritten resume to the human resource director of a prospective employer.  I didn't get the job, but I was told that she hadn't seen a typewritten resume in almost thirty years.  When I told her about the typewriter I had used--a 1956 Underwood manual upright--it really raised eyebrows.  She told me she couldn't imagine anyone being able to print anything on a piece of paper without using electricity.

Underwood--Speeds the World's Bidness

Board footera