You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27-2-2016 15:07:45  #1

Typewriter Video Series

I've not only been running several blogs, one of which is primarily typewriter-focused, but I've created a number of instructional videos, most of them photography oriented. However, last week I posted the first in what I hope will be a series of videos on typewriters. This series is oriented more for the neophyte or beginner to the field, and so I'm purposefully intending on keeping it simple and straightforward. My intention is to give newbies some inspiration and ideas about how to fit typewriters into their lifestyle.

If you're interested, here's the introductory episode. I hope to have the second episode produced and uploaded this coming week.

~Joe

27-2-2016 22:01:37  #2

Re: Typewriter Video Series

Nice video.  What format of film do you shoot? I see what looks like a large format camera in one of the pictures that appears after the video is completed.

Smith Premier typewriters are cool!

27-2-2016 23:11:44  #3

Good stuff; plain and simple; no aggressive rock music or irritating intrusive graphics.  Well done.

Sincerely,
beak.

28-2-2016 10:30:31  #4

Thank you for the comments.

Colrehogan: I'm using a micro-4/3 Panasonic Lumix G5 camera for the video, recording in MP4 at 1080P, then edited in iMovie on an old iPad2. The camera lens used is a 24mm, f/2.8 Vivitar Series 5 lens in Minolta MD mount, manual focus, great for video work because of the manual focus and aperture control, which on the micro-4/3 format yields an equivalent angle of view like a 48mm lens on "full-frame."

For the audio I'm recording into a handheld digital audio field recorder with a lavaliere microphone, synced up later in iMovie. Importing the audio clips to the iPad is a workaround involving iTunes and a desktop computer. I do this because my old G5 camera lacks external mic inputs.

My You Tube channel includes other videos I've created, many about pinhole photography and large format.

I hope to be able to have a new typewriter series video posted each week.

Thanks for watching.

~Joe

09-4-2016 17:44:41  #5

I just came back from vacation in Tucson, Arizona, where I was able to produce and upload episode 7 of the Typewriter Video Series, and today I edited and upload episode 8. I also shot scenes for two more episodes to come.

https://www.youtube.com/user/JoeVCA/videos

I brought with me a medium-sized Smith-Corona Silent, and in these videos I talk about travel with typewriters and writing while in the road. It's proven to be an interesting learning process for me, as I rediscover typewriting on the road.

~Joe

~Joe

02-5-2016 14:34:19  #6

I watched the remaining videos that I hadn't seen up to this point.  Very well done.  I like the use of the waterfall at the start of the videos you made while on vacation.

Smith Premier typewriters are cool!

Board footera