You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27-2-2016 05:28:19  #1

Oh WOW - someone stop me from buying this!

Sincerely,
beak.

27-2-2016 06:56:28  #2

Re: Oh WOW - someone stop me from buying this!

No! Buy It Now! Do It! Do It!

Doooo Ittttt!!!

Back from a long break.

Starting fresh with my favorite typer. A Royal Futura!

27-2-2016 07:45:13  #3

Thanks for nothing! 

I have visions of this as an addition to the house intercom - clatter clatter clatter and the message reads 'Is dinner ready yet?'

Sincerely,
beak.

27-2-2016 07:48:29  #4

lol

Back from a long break.

Starting fresh with my favorite typer. A Royal Futura!

27-2-2016 11:25:33  #5

Two Teletypes? I've seen some really weird typewriters, but those boxes might take the cake!

A high schooler with a lot of typewriters. That's pretty much about it.

27-2-2016 13:06:33  #6

Hi Beak

We have pretty much the same machine at the Bomber Command Museum of Canada here in Nanton http://www.bombercommandmuseum.ca/ (the next town north of us) I don't know if it even works. I'd love to volunteer to clean it up, but it looks way too complex for me to want to tackle. This unit also has the punch tape attachment on the left side. When I was in my late teens, I used to be able to hold punch tape up to the light and read it. All the best

Sky

We humans go through many computers in our lives, but in their lives, typewriters go through many of us.
In that way, they’re like violins, like ancestral swords. So I use mine with honor and treat them with respect.
I try to leave them in better condition than I met them. I am not their first user, nor will I be their last.
Frederic S. Durbin. (Typewriter mania and the modern writer)

02-3-2016 10:59:05  #7

I've been looking for a functional teletype for years, but they never seem to come up locally. They are far more complex than your average manual, but there's enough information out there to help troubleshoot any problems that you might encounter. Consider yourself lucky that we don't live in the same area; if those machines were in my neck of the woods they would have been gone long ago. Buy it - and report back!

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

02-3-2016 14:34:48  #8

omg, I just saw one of those at our local swap meet/flea market.  it was just sitting on the ground surrounded by gardening stuff.  I didn't know what it was so I just walked on. 

Board footera